15x6 wheels advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renegade5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am lifted 1.5 inches running 16x8 wheels with +10 offset no rubbing no trimming with 235 70 16's
i dont like my wheels and been looking for something else from 15 to 18 inches i found some 15x6 wheels that i like backspace is 3.5 inches and i kinda dig thw smaller wheel bigger tire look
my question is what size tire can i run on a 15x6 wheel 10 wide to bulg out on the sides to look fat?
and how tall can i go 29 or 30 inch?
thanks for the help:peace:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way in hell you'd ever want a 15x6 on a 10" wide tire setup
Also with 3.5" backspacing you're more than likely going to need to pound the pinchwelds and possibly trim/mold the front fender liner
1.5" of lift isn't that much lift so you can't really go much taller than stock size without rubbing

Renegade5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way in hell you'd ever want a 15x6 on a 10" wide tire setup
Also with 3.75" backspacing you're more than likely going to need to pound the pinchwelds and possibly trim/mold the front fender liner
1.5" of lift isn't that much lift so you can't really go much taller than stock size without rubbing

ok got it..
how wide a tire could i go or should i just go 16 or 17 wheels?
saw on youtube a wheel shop in canada put 18's in a lib on stock suspension height,didnt list the backspacing or offset though and they were pretty ugly

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 15x8 with 31x10.5 and it bulges perfectly IMO
4" of backspacing so they stick out probably about an inch or so from the fenders
Perfect to throw some mud down the side of the KJ but not too much where it looks stupid and makes you think you have some more traction when you don't

Here you can see somewhat the bulge of my tires, I don't have a shot going straight down the side to see how far they stick out but you can get the idea
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Now you could imagine what stuffing a 10" wide tire would look like around a 6" wide wheel..

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to mount up a 30x9.5-15 on my 02 that's currently at 20.5" front and 21" rear. I have the wheels already, but I only ordered 1 Cooper SST Pro to confirm the fit before committing to all 4.

I am all set to increase my lift by 1.25" front and 1" rear if needed, but I'd prefer to stay where I am at this point. I could let you know next week how it looks clearance wise and even send you a few photos. Just a heads up that I had to try several 15" rims before I could find one I liked that would clear the front calipers. I finally went with the 15x7 Cragar® Series 345 Silver 'D' Window Wheels.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
i am lifted 1.5 inches running 16x8 wheels with +10 offset no rubbing no trimming with 235 70 16's
i dont like my wheels and been looking for something else from 15 to 18 inches i found some 15x6 wheels that i like backspace is 3.5 inches and i kinda dig thw smaller wheel bigger tire look
my question is what size tire can i run on a 15x6 wheel 10 wide to bulg out on the sides to look fat?
and how tall can i go 29 or 30 inch?
thanks for the help:peace:

Without knowing amount of sag no way to tell, now on to next , the 6 inch wheel wouldn't be able to run very wide at all
as far as the 235-70-16s on MOABS :emotions34:way too wide of a wheel for the size tire, stretching the sideways real bad

Renegade5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without knowing amount of sag no way to tell, now on to next , the 6 inch wheel wouldn't be able to run very wide at all
as far as the 235-70-16s on MOABS :emotions34:way too wide of a wheel for the size tire, stretching the sideways real bad

ho sag new lift,control arms upper and lower,front struts and springs,rear springs,rear trailing arms...all new

Renegade5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock everything except the upper control arms they are the rocky road control arms for lifted liberties.
lift is spacer lift 2" rear 1.5"front

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
stock everything except the upper control arms they are the rocky road control arms for lifted liberties.
lift is spacer lift 2" rear 1.5"front

So what is your actual height in front
middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare?