15" wheels???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Limited KJ with a DIY Frankie and 17" stock chrome cladded wheels. I currently run 245/70/17 with 1" wheel spacers but I think I go a bit larger with out any issues. I am trying to put together a tire wheel combo but I cant decide between 16" or 15".

Does anyone run 15" wheels??? What backspacing should I look for with the 15" or 16" wheels?

ryanee182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I previously ran 15" wheels from a TJ. They were 15x8 with 5.5" backspacing, and had 1" spacers added in order to clear the brake calipers.
You must be registered for see images attach

They worked great, but they were getting corroded and I didn't like the idea of having spacers. I recently replaced them with these!

These are 16x8 with 4.5" backspacing. Don't get 8" wide wheels with less than 4.5" backspacing, 5" is best. For 7" wide wheels, 4" to 4.5" works great.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I run 15" Cragar Soft8's with a 4" backspacing. 4 inches of backspacing will work, but, I wouldn't go with that combination again. Like ryanee182 said, I wouldn't go anything below 4.5" BS. ;)

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because he runs 8" wide rims... too wide for 4" BS

Cheers :)

I beg to differ. I run the same 15x8 Soft 8s and for the money can't imagine running anything else.

And the four inch backspacing doesn't make them stick out too much. Just enough to fling mud onto the roof. :D

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the soft 8s will fit with no mod to to calipers or anything? no spacers? nothing?

Last edited:

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet! i think im gunna order my self a set as soon as i can find something else to sell! lol

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ. I run the same 15x8 Soft 8s and for the money can't imagine running anything else.

And the four inch backspacing doesn't make them stick out too much. Just enough to fling mud onto the roof. :D

I'm just answering the question... look

I run 31x10.5's on a Cragar Soft8's...15x8 with 4" back spacing. I get lots of rub on front at full lock and rear(at full stuff). Lots of trimming up front with plastics will be needed. I think I would go with a 4.5" backspace.

I had to trim a major amount to get these 10.5's to turn and not rip anything off(yet) and my rim bs is 4"

If I were to get new rims, I would go 4.5" bs next time.

Get the right combo, and rub should be minimal. I get rub(lots) with my set up.

I run 31x10.5x15 on 4" backspace Soft8's and I can tell you that 4" BS will definetly rub on the flairs.

I run 15" Cragar Soft8's 15x8" with 4" backspace

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@AlexKJ, that's a lot of quoting stuff there dude. All from Derrick too.

I don't have any rubbing issues with the 15x8 w 4" of Back Spacing and 31x10.5 tires. Maybe it's the bumper, the pounded pinch weld or my really cool lifted Libby is just to awesome to rub tires on itself.

I've been running this combo since Nov of '09 and no problems. I do have the OME790 front spings to hold the ARB up in the air and a couple of rings on the clevis' plus one extra upper rear iso.

Don't take what I say as gospel. Everyone has their own experiences with the same setup. I love mine.

When you decide to lift your's and throw some man tires on it I'll offer you the same advice.

So, I guess that BigBlue can go and do whatever he likes. He asked for advice and opinions, this is mine.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@AlexKJ, that's a lot of quoting stuff there dude. All from Derrick too.
The question was aimed to him, that's why all the quotes are from Derrick... I was just trying to speed up the things a little, since the answer was already on other threads...

Cheers! :)

Selch

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I just ran across some 15" Soft 8's for a steal ($100) (wheels only) but they have 33's on them. What tire sizes do you guys run on this size for a NON lifted KJ? (03).

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
do you know if the procomp 15X8 4 inch backspacing will work?

Lifted or unlifted?
If lifted how much??
what size tires are you going to run???
with that said 7inch wide/4inches of backspacing works best IF LIFTED
unlifted stock size wheels

Latest posts

Members online