12-16-07 table mountain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn coil spring. . . .
You must be registered for see images attach

2003KJ

Reaction score
I can't be the only one missing the damage from the pictures....:confused:

edit: nevermind. Only the first two pictures loaded on the first time around for some reason.

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well. . . I was climbing a granite face with about a 3 1/2 ft ledge, i got the fronts up on the ledge, the left rear went into a dip, and as soon as the right rear started up the face i guess the left rear got more than fully extended and the coil went rolling down the mountain. i got up on the face, without the damn coil started driving heard some grinding i thought i had a flat then the guy behind me comes running up with my coil. got to flat ground and 30 mins later had the coil back in and was on my way.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
72 miles east of san diego. I take I-8E to ole highway 80. just past the brake check station, turn down the road that goes under I-8 and have fun. . .
Thanks, found it... Table Mountain, Wells California #63, rated moderate.

Hmmm... we've wheeled all over Arizona, Colorado and Utah, including the 4X4 mecca, Moab. I think it's about time we go west and start checking out some of the trails in the Southern California area.

Last edited:

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, found it... Table Mountain, Wells California #63, rated moderate.

Hmmm... we've wheeled all over Arizona, Colorado and Utah, including the 4X4 mecca, Moab. I think it's about time we go west and start checking out some of the trails in the Southern California area.

If you ever wanna come out this way hit me up, always looking for someone to go wheeling with.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
04jeepkj.......nice pic's. Many more good places to go off road out west.

That's a strange happening with a spring just coming off. Anyway, I wonder if those are not the stock springs. Mine are black and that one you are holding is red. Chances are all the stock ones are black so someone changed them???

Dave

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04jeepkj.......nice pic's. Many more good places to go off road out west.

That's a strange happening with a spring just coming off. Anyway, I wonder if those are not the stock springs. Mine are black and that one you are holding is red. Chances are all the stock ones are black so someone changed them???

Dave

Yea, i used the skyjacker 2.5" coil over lift kit.

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the spring come out?

Well. . . I was climbing a granite face with about a 3 1/2 ft ledge, i got the fronts up on the ledge, the left rear went into a dip, and as soon as the right rear started up the face i guess the left rear got more than fully extended and the coil went rolling down the mountain. i got up on the face, without the damn coil started driving heard some grinding i thought i had a flat then the guy behind me comes running up with my coil. got to flat ground and 30 mins later had the coil back in and was on my way.

Staff online

Members online