1 piece ebay "CAI" /gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 1 piece "cold air intake". Im not going to make any claims that this is real cold air intake but that's what the product is called. This is basically a knock of of the AEM unit but at a fraction of the cost. I like it, it cleaned up the engine a lot, sounds better, I haven't had time to see if it helped mileage but time will tell. The only difference between this unit and the AEM unit is that the EBAY unit is half an inch LARGER then the aem unit!!! but anyhow heres pics.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm, I have the 2-Piece, yours looks a little better with only one tube. My filter is over a little farther, is right where the OE box would be. It is not a real CAI, go down about one more foot to pull it up from the road... I attached a picture of my CAI on the Avenger I had.

Yours has two breather inputs? Mine has one, and I use a catch can for oil, since the breather filter is removed. You will get oil in the tube, and you will burn it. Yes, it is a small amount, but with what I did, I get NONE. You have no bracket holding it in place?

Anyhow, see the attachments for the CAI I made for my 2000 Avenger ES. I will have one for this soon... These are up higher, and there is plenty room for it.

Attachments

• cai2.jpg
    cai2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 57
  • cai4.jpg
    cai4.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 50

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i havnt done the bracket for it yet. i planned on making heat shielding and doing it the aem way. i saw that it would be super easy to extend it to be more of a true cai. but for now im happy, maybe later in the summer i will extend it. now on to the muffler

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
I am going to reattach the stock intake tube, then use this system on the end of it, or one piece to get down further... I got it all figured out, the rain put a stop to it today; so, all I got to do is install it... It will dip down about a foot farther, so we'll see how that works out.