1/5 scale Twin RC

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by tjkj2002, Apr 11, 2013.

1. tjkj2002

tjkj2002 Full Access Member

They have some pretty insane brushless setups running crazy amounts of power from Lipo batteries.Some are getting over 25hp but it's almost instant death to the drivetrain,even with the most beefed up drivetrain.The run time is a joke,about 10mins if your lucky with 8s and bigger batteries which for good ones will run about $300-$500 per battery and you need 2 batteries,more if you want to run longer.

I mean the twin will only run about 15-20mins on a tank but I'm not really limited to how many tanks I can run back to back as long as I got fuel.The reviever battery pack I have will power my 3 servo's for at least 5 tanks when I was running a single cylinder engine with a run time of 50mins each tank so I could easily get 10 tanks from the twin engine before needing to recharge it.

2. tjkj2002

Good god this thing is loud:head3:

My neighbors are going to love me since they thought my last setup was loud.It now is like a open header big block when my old setup was like a pruis.

Sorry no pics or vids,was just starting to break her in so it mostly idled for the 1st tank and it was only 25 degrees outside.Maybe thursday I will get her above 1/2 throttle.

3. ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie Bronze Supporter

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP
    What servos/radio are you using in that hoss?

4. tjkj2002

Running Hitec servo's,5575 1/4 scale for steering,5625 high speed metal gear for the throttle,and the 7980 monstor torque titanium servo for the brake(has twice the torque as the steering servo,go figure).The radio is Futaba's 3PL,don't need anything fancier since I don't race or do speed runs.

5. 1BADKJ

1BADKJ Full Access Member

How about an audio clip