07 Jeep Liberty Montana

Discussion in 'Just registered? Post here to introduce yourself!' started by Big Bob, Jan 14, 2020 at 10:37 AM.

1. Big Bob

Big Bob New Member

Hello all... I have finally found my liberty. It's an 07, white, sport model. The clock reads 130000. I did get it for a reasonable price at an auction. It was listed as mechanical damage. I couldn't find anything wrong with it. Runs awesome, heat works, shifts well, and no dents or rust.
    Now fast forward a couple of days. Every once and awhile it stalls at a stop light. Not all the time. No check engion light. Of course thought it was the iac. But to my surprise 07 was a transition year, so its throttle by wire. I wish the check engine light would come on so I had a code. Any ideas???

2. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
    I would be looking more toward fuel delivery. A fuel pressure test and see what the psi readings are, key on, off for 10 minutes etc.
    It could be one of the sensors as well, maybe one of the 07 members has some more ideas as well.

3. Big Bob

Big Bob New Member

Thanks for the reply. Just got back from driving the crap out of it. It never stalled, but did notice a slight stumble a couple of times at stoplights. My thoughts are leaning towards fuel related as well. I was thinking it could be a weak battery, but I dont think that's the case. It was -4F this morning and she fired right up. Hopefully some of the 07 owners have some ideas

LibertyTC likes this.
  4. LibertyTC

Tune up wise, the KJ wants new spark plugs every 30k with correct type & gap.
    [​IMG]
    Also at idle, check the alternator output voltage with a VOM what is it reading?
    Also get your battery load tested for piece of mind.

5. Big Bob

Big Bob New Member

Thanks for the help. As soon as I find a warm spot, I'm going to dig deeper

6. Big Bob

Big Bob New Member

Ok so I replaced spark plugs and went ahead and replaced coils. It does seem to run better. It still stalls every once and awhile same as before. still no codes. Cam sensor and crank sensor next?

7. LibertyTC

Battery load test & what is the output voltage? Fuel Pressure test as mentioned before, is it within specs?
    I'm not a fan of the parts cannon methodology.
    Have a shop scan it and try to get live ignition data readings & from throttle position readings.