07 commander with 3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Commander122383

Reaction score
Was just wondering if I could use another 3.7 from any other mopar models it's an 07 commander by the way

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
What is wrong with your current Commander 3.7 engine ? Could you rebuild your current one?

Commander122383

Reaction score
Yes but I've been told it wont interchange with any other models like the nitro or ram or liberty or any other ones I left out

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya there were many changes between the model years and electronic modules, transfer cases etc.
I believe you may have to cross reference the exact engine code & find another identical one, possibly from the same model year?
I'm not sure how helpful a dealer would be, but from your VIN they should be able to get you the engine code & possibly do a cross reference.
If you could find an experienced tech or an engine re-builder shop they might have more info.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I hope you can find more information as well. Please post back with any news indeed !:)

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to replace my engine several years ago. I went with a Jasper remanufactured engine rather than a junkyard transplant. 100,000 miles later it still runs perfectly and I’m glad I did. I didn’t need the 3 year /100K mile warranty but I was glad to have it. Jasper not only covers parts but labor also.

You must be registered for see images attach

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Could they bring one in? I'd still give them a call, if they don't have it, maybe they can recommend someone that does...

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With Jasper’s $4k price, i’d be thinking more about rebuild.

While it is hard to find a decent machine shop anymore, it seems to me that I could have a lot of work done on an engine and still be ahead of the price, shipping, core charges, etc.

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
With Jasper’s $4k price, i’d be thinking more about rebuild.

While it is hard to find a decent machine shop anymore, it seems to me that I could have a lot of work done on an engine and still be ahead of the price, shipping, core charges, etc.

Some of us have the knowledge and skills to do it, many do not or want to even attempt it due to time and or lack of facilities. That’s why there’s so many repair shops out there.

Tearing down an engine, determining the parts needing replacement or reconditioning and figuring if a cylinder bore or new block is needed isn’t for the faint of heart.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of us have the knowledge and skills to do it, many do not or want to even attempt it due to time and or lack of facilities. That’s why there’s so many repair shops out there.

Tearing down an engine, determining the parts needing replacement or reconditioning and figuring if a cylinder bore or new block is needed isn’t for the faint of heart.

true!

i like to save that buck when i can. Having been mechanically inclined has saved my tons vs just paying out.

i used to do it all, but my machinist needs to eat too. He gets to make those pro-calls.

He regrets that engines are so well made these days, and no one attempts repairs much.
Says it is less expensive to buy a fresh head as compared with getting one serviced and repaired.

Commander122383

Reaction score
That's why I was asking if the engine would swap and I wont be paying over four grand for an engine for sure so I guess I wont be going to jasper engines then