06 kj lift suggestions ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stubb's06kj

Reaction score
Hello, new here just got an 06 kj and am interested in a lift ...nothing to crazy ...3 in should be plenty .....I just have so many questions ....clearly the spacers are not the way to go ....but do I just get the o.m.e. spring kit and the upper a arms from al and am good to go ? I've never lifted a 4x4 so this is all new to me .....thanks for any and all help ...and if you can't / won't help I hope you got a laugh ....

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're on the right track, but 3 inches is actually on the high side for these things, but not out of the question. Ome 927 will get you about 2.5 over stock. Anything added to the front shock gets a 2 to1 ratio. (3/8 at clevis lift = 3/4 at wheel)
stock height is 19 inches from left front wheel center to bottom of plastic fender flare, what's that measurement now? Keep in mind when doing a proper spring lift (ome) you're adding from 19, not where you are now.

Joey D

Reaction score
I took (mudds?) Advice here and used the OME springs and I used bilstein shocks. If you go shis route for 2 1/2 make sure not to get bilstein 5100's up front like I did. Had to use the old springs with those adjustable Shocks. I'm still going to get the right shock and have the OME springs that are decorating my living room installed soon. My lift, I think, turned out well, handling, everything feels fine.