'05 Limited not sure where to start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuthernBelle

Reaction score
Understand please this is only my second Jeep, and the first one the roommate got impounded permanently 2 weeks after it rolled off the lot lol.

2005 Limited stock. I would like to lift it 3" for better beach clearance. I'm used to lifting trucks and for my Silverado I bought a 6" Rough Country. Where would I start for my Jeep?

Samsolo49

Reaction score
Understand please this is only my second Jeep, and the first one the roommate got impounded permanently 2 weeks after it rolled off the lot lol.

2005 Limited stock. I would like to lift it 3" for better beach clearance. I'm used to lifting trucks and for my Silverado I bought a 6" Rough Country. Where would I start for my Jeep?
Jeepin by Al is the standard go to on this site but they are expensive. I have the old man emu 1.5 lift it costs less than $1000 complete and let's you put 245/75/r16 tires under it. Makes it look pretty cool
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Samsolo49

Reaction score
Jeepin by Al is the standard go to on this site but they are expensive. I have the old man emu 1.5 lift it costs less than $1000 complete and let's you put 245/75/r16 tires under it. Makes it look pretty cool
You must be registered for see images

And it still rides and drives awesome

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything over 3.5 inches and you get into a little over a $1000 an inch. Spacer lifts are cheeper but are not intended for sagging suspension. Your factory measurements from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flares is 19 inches. If less you need new shocks and springs. So for a few hundred dollars more. You can get a spring lift with shocks. Vs a spacer lift with new factory style springs and shocks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Even with new springs and shocks spacer lifts are a no no
OME 927/948 springs with Bilstein shocks about 750-775
then add 1/4 inch top plates and one extra rear upper iso per side
teraflex bumpstops in front, one hockey puck per side bolted down to the spring perch in the rear for bumpstops
340 for the springs from jeepinbyal
can get shocks from shockwarehouse
rears are 99-04 Dodge Dakota 4x4 CLUBCAB
3 inches of true lift
245-75-16s with a 7 inch wide wheel / 4 inches of backspacing ( if changing wheels
will lose power and mileage and I suggest going to 4.10 gearing somewhere along the line

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
PLUS ya could always READ through 14-15 years of posts on here and LOST JEEPs to get the info as well :icon_razz::icon_razz:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
teraflex bumpstops in front, one hockey puck per side bolted down to the spring perch in the rear for bumpstops
3 inches of true lift
245-75-16s with a 7 inch wide wheel / 4 inches of backspacing ( if changing wheels
will lose power and mileage and I suggest going to 4.10 gearing somewhere along the line

Tom, do you generally recommend folks go with the OME spring/OME shock combo JBA sells, or to get just the springs there and grab Bilstein shocks separately?

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the story behind your roommate and the impounded Jeep?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, do you generally recommend folks go with the OME spring/OME shock combo JBA sells, or to get just the springs there and grab Bilstein shocks separately?

Better to go with full OME kit ( of course with 132L rear shocks)
But on a budget bilsteins will work better than everything else out there

KJKatDad

Reaction score

3 inches of true lift

I'm in the same boat as well, SuthernBelle..but thanks to info like this from Tommudd, we're being pointed in the right direction!! Thanks Tommudd, exact the type of advice/information I needed!!!!:happy160::peace:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.