05 lib 3" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eugene M Tobias

Reaction score
I have an 05 kj with 3 inch lift. I would like to run a 16x8 rim and have brand new 265/70/16 on her right now. My question is can I run a 0 offset rim or what is the widest I can go without being majorly negative on my offset. Rubbing bad is my worry. Still have the fender flares and wifey wont let me take them off.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an 05 kj with 3 inch lift. I would like to run a 16x8 rim and have brand new 265/70/16 on her right now. My question is can I run a 0 offset rim or what is the widest I can go without being majorly negative on my offset. Rubbing bad is my worry. Still have the fender flares and wifey wont let me take them off.
Never remove the flares unless you like a hacked up looking KJ
What 3 inch lift first question?
Second I run 8 inch wide wheels on my 03 and 04 with 2.5 inches of lift and 265-70-16s / 4.10 gearing on the 03 and over 4 inches of lift and 265-75-16s/4.10s on the 04
Both running Moabs from an 03-06 Wrangler Rubicon , 8 inches wide and 5 inches of backspacing.
With 4 inches of backspacing on a 8 inch wide wheel, you'll have more rub when turning, will have to run more bumpstop in the rear etc
7 inch wide and 4 inches of backspacing also works great with no issues

Members online

No members online now.