05 KJ Dark Khaki Limited Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey folks! new to the jeepkj boards. after 12 yrs & 170k miles in my 92 cherokee sport just upgraded our jeep in mid-december. here's our new dark khaki 05 limited with body color grille. pics taken in rural wisconsin over xmas. no real snow pics yet as we're in philadelphia :(

You must be registered for see images

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I like those Limited wheels as well. Nice looking KJ =D>

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
lookin good...(the 05's are starting to grow on me)
love the new limited wheels...
and nice u opted for the body colour grille instead of tbe bling one

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Looks like a chocolate bar. I want to eat it. :tongue:

Nice looking KJ. The '05s look great. Didn't like them at first, but now I do!

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the front bumper but i hate the placement of the fog lights. Seems less effective at that location.
That bumper looks like it would be easier to do a mod new bumper than compared to the `04.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My granddad always ended up with brown vehicles because he was color blind and thought that they were green. I do like the brown, and it does remind me of a chocolate bar, lol. =D>

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
marlonjbt said:
Nice looking KJ. The '05s look great. Didn't like them at first, but now I do!

Yeah, I feel the same way.

2003KJ

Reaction score
IMO, the 05's look alot better with the body colored grill, the bling grill looks kinda out of place on them.....but all of them have really grown on me in the past couple of months.

That color is pretty awesome! \:D/

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
I like the front bumper but i hate the placement of the fog lights. Seems less effective at that location.
That bumper looks like it would be easier to do a mod new bumper than compared to the `04.

yeh, we spoke about that during the last Meet n greet we had....
o4rckymtn was saying maybe with how the new bumpers are, there would be less trimming on bigger sized tires......

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey jeepkj'ers thanks for the comments!

the dark khaki pearl coat is an interesting color, at times it does look green (cloudy days), and at times it looks black...looks best on sunny days and at night i think. it's nice to have a color that is different from others out there

btw the body color grille was done by the dealer the day we picked up the car, was a swap from a sport on the lot, at no charge. all it took was some insistence that this a dealbreaker for us and some negotiation to get it done

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
how's the window button placement treatin you?
Dont understand why they had to move them to more less ergonomic spot...(IMO)

also, what colours does the guage light up?....would like to see a shot of that lit up....

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a PA Turnpike Easy Pass thingy in there. What part of PA are you from?

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a little gauge envy. Those are really sharp. \:D/

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like those new gauges........or the new window switch location. Nothing personal....it's a Libby so I still love it.

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey jjo, we are long time western pa'ers (oakmont native, last 6 yrs in regent square), very recently transplanted to philly,...being subjected to eagles super bowl hype all this week, salt in the wound...we're still driving back and forth a lot thus the new PA easypass

my 92 cherokee was white with gray interior and my wife's honda is black with gray interior so we knew we wanted some kind of tan on the insides, we like this color combo a lot

the window control placement has taken some getting used to, kept reaching for the doors at first, were finding it easier now. i cant really compare it to where it was in prev models. and heck my XJ had manual windows and locks so i'm still getting used to having power at all :)

will take and post a night shot of the guages when i get a chance

2003KJ

Reaction score
I love the look of the new gauges, with the exception of one thing. Why did they move the tach to the right and the speedo to the left? Maybe it's just me, but I like the tach on the left, and the speedo on the right. I love the window controls on the center console cause when i'm resting my arm there, I don't have to move it that much to roll down the window, nor take my left hand off the 12 o'clock position of the wheel (now all I need to do is recline my seat all the way back, and I can cruise in style!!!!) \:D/

None the less, still a KJ, and it still gets all the respect ours do. I am really diggin that color though. My light kahki (technicaly a green if you ask Chrysler) changes colors too. Kinda tan in the sun, and a green in the shade. Really cool!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
I love the look of the new gauges, with the exception of one thing. Why did they move the tach to the right and the speedo to the left? Maybe it's just me, but I like the tach on the left, and the speedo on the right.

I never noticed that.....looks....odd

Latest posts

Members online