05 in a 02 liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apalomba

Reaction score
I see all the posts, but still not getting a straight answer. I have a bad 02 motor and also have a good 05 complete liberty. Can i put the 05 motor trans wiring harness with ecu and bcu in the 02? I also can take steering column and anything else off 05. Will this work? Thanks

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see all the posts, but still not getting a straight answer. I have a bad 02 motor and also have a good 05 complete liberty. Can i put the 05 motor trans wiring harness with ecu and bcu in the 02? I also can take steering column and anything else off 05. Will this work? Thanks

So put simply, you want to put a newer engine into an older KJ. Easiest way to do this is to just pull both engines, swap reluctor rings/crankshafts and whatever else was needed (there are threads on here about exactly that) and then drop in the known good engine and be done with it.

Not sure there is any need to swap wiring harnesses, BCM, PCM, columns, etc.

Latest posts

Members online