05 crank issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony Tremain

Reaction score
So my 05 liberty 3.7 has started to have extended cranking no failed starts yet just had a tune up a new battery, alternator and fuel pump tested I've also had cam position and crank position sensors and the oil sending unit replaced what else could it be

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
How many miles on the 3.7 engine?
Were the correct KJ spark plugs used as per the under hood sticker? Gap checked?
You must be registered for see images attach

gpell

Reaction score
Having the same problem with stall after start sometimes. Just replaced plugs (old ones were worn out) having same issue. Yes I used the correct plugs. I can hear the fuel pump when the key is turned.

john e denson

Reaction score
So my 05 liberty 3.7 has started to have extended cranking no failed starts yet just had a tune up a new battery, alternator and fuel pump tested I've also had cam position and crank position sensors and the oil sending unit replaced what else could it be
I have a 2005 jeep liberty with intermittent cranking problems. I just found the best article about this problem at Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice.com I had checked all the simple things like battery, grounds, actuator pin, sensors, starter, relays, and fuses. I am pretty sure my problem is with my ASD system. I can crank it by jumping the starter relay but it will not start... I read somewhere if you just pull the ASD fuse and relay it clears something about the static build-up. I am gonna check power at the ASD fuse the next time this happens. Then go from there.

john e denson

Reaction score
I have a 2005 jeep liberty with intermittent cranking problems. I just found the best article about this problem at Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice.com I had checked all the simple things like battery, grounds, actuator pin, sensors, starter, relays, and fuses. I am pretty sure my problem is with my ASD system. I can crank it by jumping the starter relay but it will not start... I read somewhere if you just pull the ASD fuse and relay it clears something about the static build-up. I am gonna check power at the ASD fuse the next time this happens. Then go from there.

Latest posts

Members online