05-07 in-grill fog lights - couple questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference in the fog lights used in 05, as compared to later 06-07 Liberty?

Has anyone ever used the KOOL-VUE OEM replacement fog lights from USAutoParts?

I have an 06 Limited with the factory fog/driving lights in the grill. I beleive the MFG date is in FEB if I remeber correctly.

After several years of driving with a cracked lens (light still worked) the other side finally burned out. As the lenses are plastic, one was cracked, and the other in rough shape, I decided to spring for a new set. Being dealer shy, I found some on-line at USAutoParts. The price was great, and included the bulbs as well.

Now I get cautious when I see the price for two is about half of what the dealer wanted for one. I get even more cautious when the company name contains any reference such as "U.S." "American" or other references typically designed to mask parts made "elsewhere". But, the price was right, so I ordered a pair.

About two weeks later, they arrived. I opened the box, and everything looked great, The Part number sticker on the box even says "05-07 Libertry", so I put them on the shelf until I could get a free weekend to put them on. That was the end of March. Today I finally got a free weekend, and more importantly most of the other "To-Do" list knocked out, so off to the Jeep I went.

After getting the grill off, and pulling an old light, I can see the new ones, though visually pretty simialr, are about 1/2" larger in diameter, and about 1/2" deeper (lens to bulb flange) than the originals. It was getting dark, so I pulled the second one, and put the grill back on.

I figured I'll get back to it Mon morning, but was looking for any info someone migth be able to share. The size difference is a concern, as these snap into pivot holes in two tabs that are molded as part of the plastic sub grill found behind the front grill. There is also a molded "pocket" they fit in, and I'm afraid the added diameter/depth may not work as it should.

I'm going to call USAutoParts on this, but according to their policies, I'm to notify them of any problems within 5 days of receiving the parts - We'll see how that goes...

Anyone ever had this problem, or had to deal with USAutoParts before?

Let me know - Thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Members online