04' PCV tube broken at T fitting HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke the plastic pipe at the T fitting. It all seems glued together. I ordered another whole tube, but this does not have the check valves included. Probably bought the wrong one, even though the diagram looked the same. I wish I knew how to attach photos here.. I am thinking that I might be able to cut the plastic tubing, and spice in the check valves with short pieces of heater hose.
Can anyone help me? Any ideas? Thanks!

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, Not the hose on the filler neck. But the third hose you have pictured.
But mine has a black check valve or something connected to the plastic pipe.
My new part doesn't have this valve part on it. I am thinking of just cutting the plastic pipe, and using a piece of heater hose, to splice it in. I think this will work just fine.

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the hose off, and it seems to have 2 check valves. Where my new part has no check valves at all. And the check valves are molded or glued to the hard plastic hose. They have arrows on them, so I assume they are check valves, allowing gasses to only flow in one direction. My only thought, is to cut the hard plastic pipe, and use rubber hose to try a connect the check valves back in place. I am running out of daylight to fix this. And need my Jeep to get to work tomorrow. Thank You again!

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or do what I did when mine broke at the T. I took some 3/8fuel line( I believe that was the size) and put it inside the tube to connect them back together. The tube fits very snug. That tube is nothing more than a vent that goes to the air box. My was broke for months till I finally decided to patch it. It won't hurt anything if it were to stay broke. No oil came out of mine. Didn't even see any blow by come out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now if it's the one that goes to the oil fill tube that's a different story. That's the PCV valve. It has a lot of vacuum on it and your motor won't run right with it broke.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I upgraded my PCV system to Tech service bulletin TSB 25-001-08
The new system post #22 eliminates all the bad stuff like the small pcv that mounts to the filler neck that can easily get plugged up and a new oil fill tube that no longer has the small pcv.
Better flow less gunk.
Link:http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/pcv-positive-crancase-ventilation-tsb-59367/index3.html
If ya need something I probably still have the 04 OEM PCV lines/parts here somewhere...

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, if it's not the PCV hose. What do you call it? It's starts at the air cleaner, goes through a T fitting, then to both valve covers, near the firewall. The part I bought looks like the third picture posted by conundrum above. Except the new hose doesn't have those two black things, with the arrows on them. I tried blowing through them both ways, and air goes through either way. So they are not check valves. The Jeep seems to run fine, without those extra black things. I just wonder what they are for?

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tee is for the PVC systems, it draws air into the crankcase through those hoses and out via a vacuum hose that connects to the PVC valve.

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score

PunkChachi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine because I broke it at the same place. I ordered one from the dealership. After shipping online it was about the same price. So I checked it in the parking lot before I left and noticed it did not have the "valves" at the base like mine did. I asked the parts guy who went and got some other guy who apparently was the "dealership expert" and he said that they phased them out. Now they just come with the rubber hose and no valve because they clogged often and didn't seem to be worth the hassle. So don't worry, you got the right part as long as it fits in all three hookups.

PunkChachi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you meant the oil filler neck?

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-f0AAOSwbYZXfW6~/s-l300.jpg

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/...Maintenance/331084091_photobucket_5980_-1.jpg

Or is it one of these lines
http://www.partsgeek.com/assets/rep/full/1086879.jpg

Can you provide a Jeep part number for the above hose? The plastic tube assy with the hose in the middle. Mine is all cracked too!
Thanks!

Part Number ---53013723AC--- this was for my 2004 Jeep Liberty 3.7L 6cyl

wdflr

Reaction score
I repaired Mine with a piece of pvc hose and a tee from lowes.
I simply cut out the broken tee, found a hose that fit over the original tube, the proper tee, and I was back in business for under $5.00.

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I was worried, because the "valves" appeared to keep oil from being sucked into the air cleaner box. I had it installed for over a year now, with no problems.

Latest posts

Members online