03 Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trip

Reaction score
what was the standard warranty and powertrain warranty on the 03 model year?...and is it transferable to the third owner(this one only has 15k on it)...I was hoping that at least there was a remaining powertrain warranty, but it sems like they had increased it in 04 to the 5 year 70k from the 3/36k of the 03.........is this correct?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
# Factory-backed 8-Year / 80,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty †
# 3-Month / 3,000-Mile Maximum Care® Limited Warranty ‡
# CARFAX Vehicle History Report
# Rigorous 125-point inspection
# 24-Hour Towing and Roadside Assistance §
# Car Rental Allowance ¶
# Owner loyalty communications and service coupons

All certified Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge Pre-Owned Vehicles must pass a history check and rigorous 125-point mechanical and appearance inspection. Each is factory backed with an 8-year/80,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty. *See participating dealer for details and a copy of the warranty. Only our Five Star Dealers can select and market Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles. It's an extra layer of security, available only with Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles, and a commitment that you can carry with you for many miles to come. For more information, call 800-677-5782 or visit http://www.brandspankinused.com/.

This warranty may be transferred without charge to the next retail purchaser of the vehicle. There is no coverage under this warranty to any purchaser beyond the customer purchasing this vehicle and his/her immediate transferee.

†8-Year/80,000-Mile (whichever comes first) Powertrain Limited Warranty runs from date vehicle was sold new. A deductible applies, see dealer for details.

‡3-Month/3,000-Mile (whichever comes first) Maximum Care® Limited Warranty with $0 deductible runs from date of sale of the vehicle, or at the expiration of the 3/36 Basic Warranty. For more details and a copy of the limited warranties, see dealer or call 1-800-677-5STAR.

§Administered by Cross Country Club, Inc. Medford, MA 02155. You must call 1-800-521-2779 for prior authorization to receive these benefits.

¶Rental car coverage only if repair take vehicle out of service more than one day.

Transfer of ownership may remove any costs associated with the warranty...

Trip

Reaction score
I was asking about the factory warranty for the 03 model year....
I doubt I would spring for the mega-warranty-certified-gimick....

2003KJ

Reaction score
I've got an 03 and I have the 7/70 powertrain.....that was one of the perks they were doing towards the end of the model year to get the 03's off the lot.

Trip

Reaction score
wag...thanks for the link.....I called and was promptly told that I still have a full 5/70k warranty fully transferable with NO fee to all owners