03 liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danh22

Reaction score
I just bought an 03 liberty 2 months ago. Never thought to check the heater. Now with cooler weather i realize i have luke warm heat. The fan works normal. The switch turning from cold to hot really dosnt make any noise when turning. I flushed the heater core with a garden hose. Clean water came out as soon as i put the hose to the opening. I flushed both sides. The temp gauge is just below half way so im assuming the thermostat is ok. I added coolant to the cold line after i flushed the core. I tried to find the blend door but now see pics from a forum post here that the door is behind the air bag and glove box and the dash needs removed. ????? Im very much against and not wanting to remove the dash. Hoping someone can give any ideas ?? Are the blend doors a common problem in the liberty ?

justjeeps

Reaction score
there are two vacuum connections that may prevent the door from opening. Actually you should here the change when going from vent to defrost ect.

The inside line is over buy the right side of the glove box I think it actually connects to a vacuum canister "mine is a small square box". the other is the main line right behind the heater / ac lines on the fire wall, near the back of the engine. I missed that when I changed out the heater core and it took me a bit to run it down.

hopefully it's a simple issue..