'03 Liberty - O2 Sensor wiring, help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamalsnayyan

Reaction score
So, I just swapped the dreaded 3.7L Powertech V6 (-_-) in my KJ after it threw a bearing. It's working great now. But I'm getting an O2 CEL code because when I was pulling the old motor, all four wires from the driver side upstream(before the cat) O2 sensor's wire harness came out, and I don't know their designated locations to replace them properly. The vehicle runs perfectly, but I would like to get rid of the CEL. So, I was wondering if anyone knew exactly which ports each of the wires go to or if anyone was willing to dig down in their engine bay to maybe help a guy out (naughty). This is the vehicle side harness(male harness). Here are some pictures to give a better idea of what I'm talking about.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry for the out of focus pictures, I was in a hurry.

Thanks.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope this helps...
40795[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• UpstreamSensorConnector.jpg
    UpstreamSensorConnector.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 25

danielrw90

Reaction score
Hey I am having similar problem only it's my oxygen sensor on drivers side just behind converter. If someone could give me a diagram or just tell me which wires coming from the car go to which wires on the oxygen sensor I would really appreciate it thanks.

mobiledui

Reaction score
Help!!!

So, I just swapped the dreaded 3.7L Powertech V6 (-_-) in my KJ after it threw a bearing. It's working great now. But I'm getting an O2 CEL code because when I was pulling the old motor, all four wires from the driver side upstream(before the cat) O2 sensor's wire harness came out, and I don't know their designated locations to replace them properly. The vehicle runs perfectly, but I would like to get rid of the CEL. So, I was wondering if anyone knew exactly which ports each of the wires go to or if anyone was willing to dig down in their engine bay to maybe help a guy out (naughty). This is the vehicle side harness(male harness). Here are some pictures to give a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Sorry for the out of focus pictures, I was in a hurry.

Thanks.

So, i have a p0151 code on this o2 sensor. IM like 90% sure its a wire chafing issue. I want to buy a new connector and cut and run wires to the o2 sensor but i cant seem to trace the wires to know which ones to cut at the top of the engine. I see in the picture that you posted the color of the wires after the connector which i couldnt see before, but even with that new information, i cant seem to find those color wires at the top of the motor or anywhere else for that matter. Where in this harness do i need to open up to be able to run new o2 wiring?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
This is from the 2004 FSM re downstream.

Attachments

• Oxygen Sensor Downstream.jpg
    Oxygen Sensor Downstream.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Members online