'03 KJ lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylerlsch

Reaction score
Hello all! I have an '03 Freedom Ed, and want to lift it only enough to fit some "real" tires, i.e. 245/70/r17's. However, I don't want to put on some plastic or rubber pucks that will mess with my suspension long term. The car will rarely see the off-road, and I am concerned about lifting it 2.5" or 3" with a Frankenlift or Rusty's so as to change its cornering or high-speed handling. Basically, I just want to make it 1" or 1.5" higher with a little more travel.

Any great suggestions? What about the OME lift kit? Or some other hybrid set up?

Any comments welcome, and thanks to all who help...

-tylerlsch

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out this 2" lift from 4WD Hardware. It's conservative and what I have on my KJ for the occasional off-roading I do. No pucks, greatly improved ride. 2" Liberty Lift

Here is a pic of mine along with another KJ with the same lift.
My black KJ has 245/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts, the Garnet KJ has 245/75/16 Goodyear MT/Rs.
You must be registered for see images

More pics of mine with the lift and tires on this page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/338447/3

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME is good

it is THE kit we have in Australia, the ride is Awesome, and you can set it up if you want to add a bull bar or a winch with different spring rates

before

after

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tylerlsch said:
Hello all! I have an '03 Freedom Ed, and want to lift it only enough to fit some "real" tires, i.e. 245/70/r17's. However, I don't want to put on some plastic or rubber pucks that will mess with my suspension long term. The car will rarely see the off-road, and I am concerned about lifting it 2.5" or 3" with a Frankenlift or Rusty's so as to change its cornering or high-speed handling. Basically, I just want to make it 1" or 1.5" higher with a little more travel.

Any great suggestions? What about the OME lift kit? Or some other hybrid set up?

Any comments welcome, and thanks to all who help...

-tylerlsch

I have the complete medium duty OME front strut assemblies for sale. Completely assembled - no spring compressor necessary, just bolt right in. I replaced it with the Frankenlift because I wanted heavier springs and max height. I also have the OME rear shock if you are intrested. All you would need would be the rear springs.

dnm45227

Reaction score
I don't know if this should be here or in the "lift disc." forum, but here goes. If I have a pre-lowered '02, isn't it like I already have about a 2" "lift kit"?

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
I don't know if this should be here or in the "lift disc." forum, but here goes. If I have a pre-lowered '02, isn't it like I already have about a 2" "lift kit"?

7/8" difference in the front and 3/4" in the rear

dnm45227

Reaction score
fouros said:
Nahh you only have 3/4" to 1" over us lowered KJ's

I spend way too much time here. When I read you response. I "heard" an accent.

Thanks for the ressponse guys!

dnm45227

Reaction score
fouros said:
Nahh you only have 3/4" to 1" over us lowered KJ's

I spend way too much time here. When I read your response. I "heard" an accent.

Thanks for the response guys!

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean

oh oh oh
If your hearing the accent i should have said

Nahhh MATE

just to OZ it up for you \:D/