03 KJ 3.7 5spd - TPS/IAC/TB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AniSabii

Reaction score
Want to clean/replace:
throttle position sensor
throttle body
idle air control

Difficulty? Recommendations? Clean or replace?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have any codes or engine light on? Is the Jeep running poorly?
You can try cleaning first.
IAC- See post #10 onwards.. https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/idle-air-control-no-screws.44826/
With the Jeep parked (off) it is easy enough to spray some carb cleaner into the intake, by opening throttle plate, to clean things up.
Expect the IAC & the interior port to be real dirty.
Tps port generally is not too bad.
I eventually replaced the IAC and TPS with Mopar parts.

AniSabii

Reaction score
Do you have any codes or engine light on? Is the Jeep running poorly?
You can try cleaning first.
IAC- See post #10 onwards.. https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/idle-air-control-no-screws.44826/
With the Jeep parked (off) it is easy enough to spray some carb cleaner into the intake, by opening throttle plate, to clean things up.
Expect the IAC & the interior port to be real dirty.
Tps port generally is not too bad.
I eventually replaced the IAC and TPS with Mopar parts.

Thank you!
I read more in the FSM and it looks like if I do the IAC/IAT/TB/MAP/TPS I may as well do it all at the same time.
You recommended carb cleaner to clean the parts, and grease for seals?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I only use carb cleaner on the IAC and Port as Throttle body cleaner is not strong enough.
As long as a throttle body is not Teflon coated, it is ok to use carb cleaner on the aluminum intake.
MAP & MAF sensors be careful how you clean them and consider MAF senor friendly cleaners, don't soak them.
I use silicone spray for seals.

AniSabii

Reaction score
I only use carb cleaner on the IAC and Port as Throttle body cleaner is not strong enough.
As long as a throttle body is not Teflon coated, it is ok to use carb cleaner on the aluminum intake.
MAP & MAF sensors be careful how you clean them and consider MAF senor friendly cleaners, don't soak them.
I use silicone spray for seals.
thank you!

Latest posts

Members online