'03 jeep liberty throwing a P0152 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Freedom

Reaction score
Guy at the parts store told me it was the passenger front o2 sensor, and to replace it. Just wanted to make sure he knew what he was talking about before i put one on b/c he didn't seem to be 100% sure.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
FSM shows 2/1 O2 sensor shorted to voltage-oxy.sensor input voltage sustained above normal operating range.

What this means exactly,I do not know.

03Freedom

Reaction score
hmmm, see i don't wanna replace the o2 sensor if there is another problem occurring with the voltage b4 the o2 sensor. I'm not sure what the code definition means i should do either.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
hmmm, see i don't wanna replace the o2 sensor if there is another problem occurring with the voltage b4 the o2 sensor. I'm not sure what the code definition means i should do either.

Someone that knows will be along.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a bad o2 sensor... The computer usually just reports if the sensor is high or low, i have seen them fail both ways so its not uncommon for either condition.

Last one i replaced it was shorted and the code, on a Pontiac Montana, was saying shorted voltage low, i took the sensor and unplugged it and checked with an ohm meter and sure enough it was a dead short. But years ago i had one fail on the Neon i used to have and it wasn't shorted, but the computer was saying it was reading high by the error code.

Either way... o2 sensor codes usually mean replace. If it was the rear sensor after the CAT then there would be a bit more to consider as it could be a bad CAT actually causing an out of range reading, but usually the computer reports that differently as it compares the before and after readings using the two sensors and then reports a problem with the CAT itself.

I think its safe to say you need to try replacing the sensor and clear all codes.