02 Liberty rear brake line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdlgiii

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at replacing the rear brake line on the 02 Liberty 2WD due to rust on the fittings. I replaced the front ones already becasue of a busted line that rusted through. My question is how hard is it to replace this brake line. Its strange because the rear brake line appears to be mounted on the rear axle with some vent tube coming out of the top. Is there some sort of lock nut on top that releases it from the axle? I have the service manual but either not reading it right or it just does not show how to take that off. It just states remove the rear brake line.
Anyone tackle this job before?
Thanks in advance!

gdlgiii

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what size flare wrench would i need to use to remove the brake lines from it? Looking at it one brake line comes into the back of the fitting that sites on the axle and splits off to each wheel.
Is this a pretty easy job? I did the front ones and only took me about an hour to do so I am hoping the back one won't be as bad.