02 libby tire fittment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YJ Nate

Reaction score
My wife's got an 02 libby. For christmas i'm planning on getting her a 2" or 2.5" spacer lift. I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion on what size tires we'd be able to fit under there once the lift was on? I've heard 31's, but what about width? If we were to replace the wheels as well, what backspacing might we be able to get away with and still keep the tires inside the flares? the state with live in is a little crazy about tires and flares. I've been through enough inspection headaches with my YJ, i dont want another nightmare on our hands.

Thanks!

kolesy

Reaction score
I fit the 234/75/16's on my stock 05 sport and they rub very little under extreme turning on the front sway bar so you may only need about an in of backspacing to compensate for this. And I believe you should be able to fit up to 31's on there with the lift from what i heard. the 245/75/16's are just about a 31" inch tire anyways.

tjhkahunna

Reaction score
2.5" Lift & Tires

Well, I'm new to this site. But I'm looking for some info. I just put a Rusty's 2.5" lift kit on my '02 Liberty. I'm putting some B.F. Goodrich A.T.'s on it Saturday. (265/75R16). Does anybody know how to adjust the speedometer for the different tires? Without cables and gears, I'm lost.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dnm45227

Reaction score
I think someone has posted an answer to this already. If memory doesn't fail me it went something like this.

There was only a minimal differance in readings, but to recalibrate meant a trip to the dealer to do some electronic reproming.

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
255/70 is the one that calculates out the best, plus the 1" width diff is more important than the little height diff between the 245/75 and the 255/70.

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
255/70 is the perfect mathmatical flex fit. The extra width advantage outweighs the small loss of height between it and the 245/75

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the1jferg said:
255/70 is the one that calculates out the best, plus the 1" width diff is more important than the little height diff between the 245/27 and the 255/70.

Didn't know they made 245/27 tires. Those must be some short fat tires they like you use on low rides. Only 20" tall.

;)

Latest posts

Members online