02 KJ ran perfect - now won't start...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keeponjeepin

Reaction score
Placed a rebuilt engine (3.7) in an 02 KJ 2wd and it fired right up. Ran great, put couple hundred miles on it then DTC said intermittent loss of Crank & Cam senors. Changed them with new and ran fine, rough idle. Then shut off and hasn't started since. I've changed and tested everything. I have a DRBIII, shows no codes. Tried to flash update, said nothing to update. Cam & Crank count works and says it's "InSync"

Has 150psi compression and timing is dead on.

Have power to Cam & Crank Sensors, MAP, TPS - put PCM in another running KJ, ran perfect. Tried 2 other PCM's, nothing.

It'll crank but no power to the injectors. Has 50psi fuel pressure. Even changed TCM, same. Tested grounds - good. Odd part is when I unplug the Crank Sensor it throws no codes, it will if the Cam Sensor is unplugged.

KJ does not have SKIM or key w/chip. Changed all fuses, relays, and ASD - ready to burn it!

Any ideas KJ Gurus?

thegreatgate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can pretty much ignore this post because I don't know anything about cars but....

My 03 Liberty wouldn't start one day and it was the IAC (Idle Air Control).

Like I said, ignore this post, just throwing this out there because my Jeep started right up fine one minute, and then within an hour would not....And this was the problem...

keeponjeepin

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I've changed the IAC with three other ones, still nothing. I do get codes if I turn it over for 7-10 seconds.

keeponjeepin

Reaction score
Decided to stop chasing ghosts - pulling rebuilt engine and going to part the KJ out. Body is in great condition - Red Sport 2wd. I'll start listing items over the next couple days. If anyone needs parts - let me know. Brian

Latest posts

Members online