02 KJ limited edition 3.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02kjtoleeedo

Reaction score
Hello!
So I've been trying to save this Jeep here in Quebec.
However, it's eating coolant and now developed a misfire. Long story short I don't have the space to do the head gasket job myself mostly because it's winter and I'm in the middle of an urban sprawl. Anybody need a parts jeep? or want to restore one? I've already sunk a bunch of money into it and everything else mechanical is running well. Tow package so the 45rfe that has just been serviced. It's got the OG suspension, but no sag. No rockers left, but the interior is mint. Two sets of rims and new winter tires. Cast iron block and only 180,000kms on the engine (which is very clean at the moment) new plugs, new cats, yeah... Transfer case works well, new brakes etc...
Figured I'd see what you guys think, I don't really want to scrap it.
Let me know, thanks.

Last edited:

02kjtoleeedo

Reaction score
False alarm, just coolant leaking on the coil that was misfiring. You can't have my jeep; get back!
Probably still needs a head gasket or two though for real.

justjeeps

Reaction score
Hello!
So I've been trying to save this Jeep here in Montreal QC.
However, it's eating coolant and now developed a misfire. Long story short I don't have the space to do the head gasket job myself mostly because it's winter and I'm in the middle of an urban sprawl. Anybody need a parts jeep? or want to restore one? I've already sunk a bunch of money into it and everything else mechanical is running well. Tow package so the 45rfe that has just been serviced. It's got the OG suspension, but no sag. No rockers left, but the interior is mint. Two sets of rims and new winter tires. Cast iron block and only 180,000kms on the engine (which is very clean at the moment) new plugs, new cats, yeah... Transfer case works well, new brakes etc...
Figured I'd see what you guys think, I don't really want to scrap it.
Let me know, thanks.

I am close to you and had a 2002 limited Money Pit also...Looked really good for the age inside and out, and replaced all suspension front and rear, rebuilt both drive shafts, a arms, heater core, ac etc etc..but in the end I could not resolve the thunk coming from the rear diff. that happened after changing the rear diff seal and the new nut was not the same as the original..

O and it had a LOT of Welding especially on the driver side...very large runs of 2" may be a bit bigger angle iron with large bolts running through it. In the end I know I had 5k into parts over and above the 23oo.oo for the jeep.

Sold it for 900$ and when the fellow came to pick it up he brought a trailer with some 3 x2 very short planks..they must of been on a 70 degree angle.. well he drove it up on the planks and I thought if was going to come a part it will be Now...then the right front tire had to go up on his wheel wale to it was at a 70 degree angle and rolling to the driver side... that old rust bucket held together and I was so happy..for a moment thought i might be ginving his 900$ back...

The rust is the worst thing up here and jeep metal *****...

02kjtoleeedo

Reaction score
I am close to you and had a 2002 limited Money Pit also...Looked really good for the age inside and out, and replaced all suspension front and rear, rebuilt both drive shafts, a arms, heater core, ac etc etc..but in the end I could not resolve the thunk coming from the rear diff. that happened after changing the rear diff seal and the new nut was not the same as the original..

O and it had a LOT of Welding especially on the driver side...very large runs of 2" may be a bit bigger angle iron with large bolts running through it. In the end I know I had 5k into parts over and above the 23oo.oo for the jeep.

Sold it for 900$ and when the fellow came to pick it up he brought a trailer with some 3 x2 very short planks..they must of been on a 70 degree angle.. well he drove it up on the planks and I thought if was going to come a part it will be Now...then the right front tire had to go up on his wheel wale to it was at a 70 degree angle and rolling to the driver side... that old rust bucket held together and I was so happy..for a moment thought i might be ginving his 900$ back...

The rust is the worst thing up here and jeep metal *****...
Yeah, salt will **** any metal though no matter how good it is without constant care. If you buy second or third hand you're stuck with the repairing rather than the maintaining. If only I had more pockets.

Latest posts

Members online