02 jeep liberty

Discussion in 'Jeep News' started by All, Nov 13, 2016.

1. All

All New Member

Hello everyone i have a 02 jeep liberty that had a head rebuilt after i put it all together it dont want to start engine turns bit wont start i have a new cam shaft sencor on it as well i have checked of i have spare on the coils there os no spark out of coils but i do have power on the wire that hooks to the coils and on the came shaft as well cant figure it out what is the problem that it won't start pleas help if anyone have any info ore ideas thank you all.

2. rjkj2005

rjkj2005 Full Access Member

When you pulled the head did you use a wedge to keep the timing chain tensioner from adjusting all the way out. If not. Goo chance it's out of time

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3. All

All New Member

Thank you for your reply. Will timing cause not to have spark out of the coils? It won't even give me a sign that it wants to start but i do have power on the plug that hooks yo coils and its not only 1 coil that i would think that its a bad coil and on the cam shaft plug as well . Thank you

4. Logan Savage

Logan Savage Full Access Member

I believe the coils have constant power on one wire & the other wire is a signal ground wire that goes to the PCM . If the coils have power but not firing I'd say they're not getting the ground signal from the PCM for some reason . Are all engine & head grounds clean & connected ?

5. 2002KJLimited

2002KJLimited Full Access Member

Ignition Switch

The ignition switch can cause the engine to turn over but not spark, its like $30 at Advance Auto. It only take 2 hrs to change it, you need a set of security torx bits for the steering column.

6. renegade 04

renegade 04 Full Access Member

Its only takes about 5 minutes to install the new ignition switch, Not 2 Hours.

7. 2002KJLimited

2002KJLimited Full Access Member

It took 2hrs because it was 23 degrees F outside and 10-15 mph winds. You couldn't feel your hands after 2min. Also the first time I ever dismantled a column, not fun to do outside and in the dark even with a friend.

8. bendix

bendix Full Access Member

I just bought an ignition switch for less than $20, standard brand I think. Not saying that is what's wrong with yours though.

9. JasonJ

JasonJ Full Access Member

Fair enough... but that does not mean that book time to replace the part is by default the longest time that any owner has ever spent on that particular replacement.

If R&R time on a wheel is 2 minutes, but some guy spends 30 minutes on it because his lugnuts are rusty or he can't break the bolts loose, it doesn't mean that you tell everyone that changing a wheel/tire is a half-hour job.

We don't want to give people the wrong impression on the scope of replacing any part. The OP is in California, southern half, I doubt he'll be seeing 23 degree weather, ever.