my Junk 2006 liberity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my junk its an 06 liberity sport 85,000 on the clock Rocky road budget lift with shocks 265/75/16 tread wrights gard dog mts on stock rims with no spacers Im not afraid to use a hammer and a saw;-) also has hella 1000 and converted cj7 turn signals in the grill painted flares grill D-rings skids. and some other crap. And a 30 $ roof rack
You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice jeep. The guard dog mt's look good. How do you like them?

Is the TJ in the background of the first pic yours too?

Dave

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;-)

the tj in the back rounds an on going project it's my cousins its a 98 sport 4.0 ,5 speed 33s warn parts all around slip yoke all that stuff.
As for th kj it's a good Heep the gard dogs are great tires , treadwright was one of the best companies I've ever delt with customer service was amazing they called me 3 time to make sure I was happy with the tires.
I will be chopping the back but there's no rub so it will just be because I like hacking up my jeeps:) I'm going to fab up rear d-ring mounts and ditch the front factory directionals because the cj ones are way more fun. it will get a basket and lights for the top and the rear cargo area is geting redesigned . The tail gates geting a full size spare and some gas and water cans too. it all needs to be done by spring for my next expedition trip. I'll be doing a light weight stubby bumper too if time allows.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rear cargo area is geting redesigned . The tail gates geting a full size spare and some gas and water cans too. it all needs to be done by spring for my next expedition trip. I'll be doing a light weight stubby bumper too if time allows.

Awesome looking KJ!
I would like to see how you do your rear, I am thinking of doing something of the same, but since the tailgate can only hold so much, it will take some fab work!

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about the back

ill be takeing off the plastic on the inside of the tailgate and fabing up a flip down table out of aluminum plate. with an inverter built in to charge the laptop and run some power for what ever i might need. i'm working on a setup for a fridge and stove but im not sure the rout im going to go yet with that. then on the inside of the side windows ill add some steal greats to hang other supplies on like extra straps and things like that. Ill probably ad more light too led's maybe. Im looking through expidition portal for ideas.
As for a tire carrier that will take some work I dont want something to big and I dont want it to look like some Trail ready crap Id like to keep it as light as possable. Any pointers and ideas are welcome Im up for hacking and chopping this thing up lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tailgate will never handle having spare plus water and gas cans hanging on it so you'll need to fab something else for that. Plus trying to build something lightweight but strong enough to hold everything will be a problem as well.
Fridge in the back is nice but unless you remove the rear seats they take up a lot of room. I have the smallest fridge/freezer ( 42 quart) and it does great but like mentioned takes up quite a bit of room. Too big with the seats folded up and has to sit crossways , seats down it will fit but ...
Sounds like you have some good plans

one question what is a steal great?

whoops reread you mean steel grate, spelling is a wonderful thing

Last edited:

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I hear you on the light and strong part I typically build everything out of 3/16 and 1/4 plate , but I might try something else it's all up in the air right now. I think once I remove all the plastic from the back I'll have a better idea of the space Ill have to work with. I might just fab up some brackets for the cans to go on the roof rack. do you have any pics of your set up ? Also you must excuse my spelling I'm typing on my iPhone lol and I'm not the best at spelling despite reading all the time.

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
details of the junk pile;-)

I started with:
the building of the rear deck shelf
cutting the rear bumper.
building the roof basket with jerry can holder.
rack details : 48 inches across
6 feet long
6 inches high at the back
4 inches high at the front
expanded steel floor and its bolted to the factory bars with 6 bolts.
the lights are wired with a trailer quick disconect and run down the passenger side A piller into the engine bay to 3 relays, the switches are fed with one line of Cat-5E cable, through the firewall into the cab.
I have all the skids and a modified raised recever hitch with D-ring to be installed soon.
I have a ramsey 8k winch and a back bone to go on the front in a few weeks.
Ill be fabricating a bumper off the back bone winch mount.
then onto the rear draws and tail gate mods, for the stove and flip down table.
I also bedlined the lower doors, front and rear bumper and fender flares.

The 265/75/16 gardog Mts have been a dream, one of the best investments I've made for the jeep they wear good, grip like hell in the snow, in all terrain, these tires have performed better than "good for a year mts" I would highly recomend them. if anyone has any questions ask away.

Last edited: