EVIC question for all 2006's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillsCountry

Reaction score
Sunroof pinouts for 2006 Liberty

Just received an EVIC from a 2004 Liberty. I did read through the other posts and I have a question that really didn't get answered in the other threads.

I did a test run, and everything looked good. The only problem I have is that the sunroof wiring harness was changed. If any other 2006 owners have successfully installed an EVIC with sunroof controls, could you post up a cross reference of the wiring harness for the sunroof controls? thanks

Last edited:

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple wire swap:
2006 KJ:
Q43 20OR/LB
SUNROOF VENT
Q644 20OR/YL
SUNROOF SWITCH GROUND
Q3 20OR/TN
SUNROOF OPEN
Q5 20OR/LB
SUNROOF CLOSE
2004 KJ:
Q41 20WT
SUNROOF OPEN
Q42 20LB
SUNROOF CLOSE
Q43 20VT
SUNROOF VENT
Q44 20BR
SUNROOF SWITCH GROUND

BillsCountry

Reaction score
Thanks titan.
When I posted this, I was thinking, "I hope the titan reads this."

As I continue my install, I think I have one final question.

When I plugged in the courtesy lights, the lights stayed on with the doors closed. I read another thread where the wires were reversed. The wires are a different color for the 04 EVIC than the 06 in that thread. If you could post up what each pinout does, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pop in once in a while. Should have just PMed me as well as posting here so the thread would definitely get noticed and the answer would still benefit all. I honestly don't browse them when I log in for like 1 minute. I promise...one of these days I am going to make a new EVIC page with every possible answer out there. I have them all, apparently.

BillsCountry

Reaction score
Answer to the dome lights question, courtesy of the_titan:

2004:
M1 20PK
FUSED B(+)
M2 20YL
COURTESY LAMP DRIVER
M20 20BR
COURTESY LAMP LOAD SHED
2006:
M20 20YL/LB
COURTESY LAMP LOAD SHED
A908 20RD
FUSED B(+)
Z327 20BK/WT
GROUND

BillsCountry

Reaction score
So I have the courtesy lamp load shed and the fused B+ connected. I have nothing going to the ground or the courtesy lamp driver wires. The dome lights only work when I press the lens.

The lights don't light by the dimmer switch or by opening the doors. Is there another wire to splice, or do I have to just live with this? thanks

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand, why did you not change the last pin? On the EVIC light harness you should have made the wires match up by moving pin 1 PINK to line up with pin 2 on the factory harness RED. Pin 3 BROWN to Pin 1 YELLOW/LIGHT (BLUE?). And I would have connected Pin 2 YELLOW to Pin 3 BLACK/WHITE

I know the pinout may not make it read like those should be connected, but these are notorious for having a name change make it seem like totally different wires. It's worth a shot

Attachments

• Lamp.JPG
    Lamp.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 15

BillsCountry

Reaction score
I will try. I guess I am always worried about screwing something up.

edit: You were right.

Last edited: