kj04libby's Jeep!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The day I bought my Liberty
You must be registered for see images attach

After I put the roof basket

After I installed my lights

After I installed my 2" lift

After I got my Nexen Roadian M/Ts

The start of my gauge project

The winch hitch that I welded up at 2 in the morning to go pull my idiot friend out with lol

My $13 "LIBERTY" sticker from Amazon

My Dash mount Build, I found a guy on YouTube that made something similar to this. He didn't like the way it fit so he went a different route, I on the other hand liked the idea very much! (I am planning on painting my gauge pod black by the way its still primer tan right now)

And finally my girlfriend(as much as she hates how much time I spend on my Jeep lol, she doesn't mind posing for a picture :waytogo: )

Well that's it for now hope you like it!

Thanks!!
p.s. more to come!

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice jeep and mods.

Dave

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I like the way you fabricate ... if you just build everything out of rulers you never have to measure anything! :D

davidski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did the lights come with the basket? which basket did you get? did you tie the lights in with your fog switch on the column or did you make a 2nd switch?

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did the lights come with the basket? which basket did you get? did you tie the lights in with your fog switch on the column or did you make a 2nd switch?
The lights were separate I paid $20 for a pair and I bout two pair. The basket also came from Walmart and it cost around $50 or $60 and it was made to be strapped on and easily removable. Well I bought emt tubing(I believe that's what its called) anyways I mounted the tubing to my existing rails with u bolts and mounted the rack to the tubing with hose clamps. And my jeep didn't come with fogs I put them in there then ended up cutting my bumper so I don't have a place for fogs. I never had a switch I have three that I drilled into my dash the outside two are for the roof lights and the center one is for my backup lights.(I ran a second hot to my back up lights so I can have light back there with out me putting it in reverse)

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just purchased the first of 5 components I need to achieve my 4 inch lift. I'm super excited about finally getting it going!

Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Adjusting Shocks 58649

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just purchased the first of 5 components I need to achieve my 4 inch lift. I'm super excited about finally getting it going!

Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Adjusting Shocks 58649

My phone messed up and posted this twice. How do I delete it? Or could a moderator delete it please

Last edited:

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bought the 3 gauge pod, placed it in the oven at 175°F until the plastic was soft and I placed it on my existing a pillar cover(with the handle off) and then let it cool. I then fiber glassed it all together and let it dry. Then after I sanded and painted it it looked like this.

After I used the Bondo.

A little light to help the drying process lol

Sanded and ready to be painted.

Installed!

Part two of this post is my LED floor light. They are wired into the system so they dim and turn off and on with ever other stock light in the Jeep. (They are white but appear blue in the pictures I took with my phone)

And finally part three of this post is my positive and negative terminals under the driver's seat. I used 4 gauge wire from my battery to a fused splitter box(also have an inline fuse in the 4 gauge wire) and used 4 gauge wire to my seat bolt and hooked the negative wire to a bolt run through the board(which I painted the same color as my Jeep) I used a nylon locking nut to secure the bolt and wire. Then a wing nut on top of that to attach my wires.

I use this for my backup lights my forward roof lights my cb and my amplifier.

Thanks for checking my progress so far!

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Your pod came out really nicely! I can appreciate the fiberglass work. I have done several canoe repairs/restorations in my day... stinky, dirty, hard work!

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your pod came out really nicely! I can appreciate the fiberglass work. I have done several canoe repairs/restorations in my day... stinky, dirty, hard work!

Gotta love that smell lol just kidding. And thanks for the recognition. I've got two friends that want me to do their cars now but I wish they would just do it themselves haha

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pod looks good man. Do they not make a pillar pod for the liberty? I might do some gauges if I get around to tuning my crd.

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pod looks good man. Do they not make a pillar pod for the liberty? I might do some gauges if I get around to tuning my crd.

I never even looked I just made mine I'm sure that someone sells them but I only spent 40 on the pod including all my materials so no big deal lol

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, I haven't even dug into tunes and gauges yet, I'm still on tires and springs ha ha. I like it though.