Setina PB-400 Push Bar -Aluminum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Company
Setina Manufacturing | Designers and original patent holders of police vehicle partitions. We are known for our high quality police vehicle equipment.

Product and where ordered from
Setina PB400 Steel Push Bumper at Galls

Ok I have had the push bar for a little while now. It is very lightweight, 35lbs and feels very strong. Looks are a A+!!! It took a LONG time to get (about 5 weeks). And they shipped me the wrong one! BUT Setina's customer service was impeccable and they shipped out the correct one immediately. It attaches to where the font tow hooks should be by 2 bolts on each side. There are only two issues I have. I am not sure if I can use this as a recovery point but I may modify the brackets in the future so it's possible. The other one is that it has a slight movement due to the fact it's only secured by two bolts on each side. I am sure it is stable enough to push cars but has a little forward wobble (about 1/4 of an inch). I will be correcting this in the future.

Overall Rating 8/10.

I will be happy to provide more pictures and info as requested.

czarkj-albums-my-jeep-picture4121-img-0665.jpg

czarkj-albums-my-jeep-picture4504-after-lift.jpg

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting it for $240 with $20 freight shipping
And it was the aluminum version

TheJawsOfDeath

Reaction score
How does it attach? Just at the bottom, or is there more support? I guess what I'm asking is it significantly stronger than the average bull bar and do you think you could push a vehicle out of the way without it bending back and hitting the plastic bumper?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It attaches via 2 bolts on each side that go where the tow hooks do. There is also a long piece of the bracket that goes up into the bumper. Personally I wouldnt push anything other than a light car right at the bracket height. I will be re-enforcing it with two L brackets and changing it out to grade 8 bolts. They ones they use are grade 5. I am attaching the spec sheet.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 67

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me either. I am changing it to 4 grade 8s. Its very solid on two but its just not enough.

IowaKJ

Reaction score
I really like the exact style of your push bumper. What were all the exact options you put into the ordering fields on the Galls website?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chose Aluminum. Vehicle Make: Jeep Vehicle Model: Liberty Year: 2003 Tow hooks: Yes (It does not come with tow hooks. They don't make them for this year but thats what I entered). And finally Full grille.

IowaKJ

Reaction score
Thanks! Just made my order. I'll post pics once it gets here and I install it.

IowaKJ

Reaction score
Got it installed. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 2013-09-29 18.00.52.jpg
    2013-09-29 18.00.52.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 2013-09-29 18.00.19.jpg
    2013-09-29 18.00.19.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 2013-09-29 18.00.45.jpg
    2013-09-29 18.00.45.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 106

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Looks good. Once I get around to making a mod to re-enforce it a little more I'll keep ya posted.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were having one of their 30% off sales + free shipping and they mailed me a discount code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little update on this. Had it for a while a no issues with it. Accidentally ran into a house while parking (my foot slipped off the brake). WOW this thing is solid! I would have no restraints pushing a car/truck/whatever! I haven't re-enforced it and don't plan to now after my little run in. Just have to find out if a front hitch will work with it for a recovery point.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I was on my way home from work once and accidentally ran into a bar. Should have had one of those - my head was killing me the next day. :hidesbehindsofa:

Latest posts

Members online