Photobucket - AAARRRGGGHHH!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a thread on another forum about Photobucket changing their policies and holding users hostage for something like $100 annually for links to work with forums. I logged onto PB and could barely get around my pics thanks to all the pop-ups and ads - horrible.

Then I headed here and checked out a couple of threads...

THE LINKS FOR ALL MY PICS ARE DEAD!!! :favorites68:

I'd guess I have a hundred or more pics here on JeepKJ.com to say nothing of other forums - so all my how-to's, mod threads, etc. are filled with broken links. Not sure which site I'll use instead of PB but this has to be the beginning of the end for Photobucket. :Bye:

I have all my pics backed up but getting them uploaded to a different site and fixing all the broken links on all the different forums is a project I'm not sure I'm up for. Busy working on Jeeps, ya know?

This frosts my butt.

Bob

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a thread on another forum about Photobucket changing their policies and holding users hostage for something like $100 annually for links to work with forums. I logged onto PB and could barely get around my pics thanks to all the pop-ups and ads - horrible.

THE LINKS FOR ALL MY PICS ARE DEAD!!! :favorites68:

I'd guess I have a hundred or more pics here on JeepKJ.com to say nothing of other forums - so all my how-to's, mod threads, etc. are filled with broken links. Not sure which site I'll use instead of PB but this has to be the beginning of the end for Photobucket. :Bye:

I have all my pics backed up but getting them uploaded to a different site and fixing all the broken links on all the different forums is a project I'm not sure I'm up for. Busy working on Jeeps, ya know?

This frosts my butt.

Bob

Last count I have over 2000 pics on there maybe even more since not including over 1400 from Tanzania
Jeeps/ family/ friends, some still with us, some gone etc

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Photobucket has been circling the ******* for awhile. I think the ads gave me ******.

I'm trying imgur now. So far no e-******. :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
All my pics............have to go and dust off my Nikon.

Dave

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad I migrated away from PB a while ago.
they really screwed the pooch on this one.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BYE BYE Pics---------------------------and photo bucket, I never kept anything on there that I couldn't lose, but still *****!

Bert

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score

THE LINKS FOR ALL MY PICS ARE DEAD!!!
:favorites68:

This frosts my butt.

Bob

Hmmm I just did the same as you, but all seems normal. I also checked my posts here with pics and again everything is normal.
Any thoughts? any recommendations?

Is there an easy way to transfer my pics from PB to Imgur?
Bert

Last edited:

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the forums I am on are complaining about the same thing. For some reason my images are still showing... I wonder if its a quantity thing? Like once your account starts using too much bandwidth then it gets flagged and they remove the links?

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine got screwed on my "it's started, rocker slider" thread. I made an account on Imgur and put them there and had to redo all the pics. So far, so good.

Pics I have (well, had) on other forums are gone also, but probably won't redo those as they are old anyway.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have to check but looks like most if not all pictures I have posted in the last 12 plus years are :favorites68::favorites68::favorites68::favorites68: