My 350 Swap Take-Two

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's "My 350 Swap Take-Two". If you have a legitimate question feel free to comment and I love to hear the support and I love criticism but if you're just on here to troll or trash my thread please find something else to do. I am doing this swap LEGALLY by applying for an ASSEMBLED title. And IF for some reason I can't make it legal to drive on public roads. It will be a toy/absolutely have to drive because of the weather. A foot of snow cripples us here in Bama. Just never prepared for snow. No plows. No salt. Nothing Lol. I have a 2008 Ford Focus that is fun to drive but can't get through snow haha. The 350 has 307 heads with bigger valves and stronger springs. Polished and drilled crank. And a cam with a little bit bigger lift and the duration of being is closed is much smaller. Very torque-y and high reving. Corvette Manifolds(ordered). Standard quadrajet carb. Will be replaced by an Edlebrock 650cfm once my friend gives it to me.

Here's the progress so far:
Pulling the stock motor, trans, and tcase. With a tree because I'm 19 years old and don't have a shop or cherry picker. That doesn't make me or my build trash. Or other people in Alabama. Because I didn't come up with this idea on my own. We do that a lot down here.
You must be registered for see images attach

Pulling the jeep to the shop. We also pull vehicles like this all the time. With a 10,000 lb chain and 6000 lb pull rope. It was safe. I brake for the truck pulling me. Sorry that once again I'm 19 years old and don't have a car sized trailer.

Getting everything off of the C10 that I needed.

The adapter I needed from Advance Adapters.

Painted and on the 350 Turbo.

Had to buy a fuel pump for a 74 so the lines would come out the front of the motor instead of to the side.

Motor mounts I needed.

Oil filter relocater so I can change my oil without having to remove the driveshaft.

The 350 in the Jeep

Torch Time!

Mounts, were going to weld metal stock on top of the cradle mounts and then a bolt will hold it on each side going straight up through the racing style mounts.

We are mounting the cross member upside down and going to drill two holes in it to mount the transmission.

Heres just some more pics of the mounts, the clearance, and oil filter so you understand why I have to move the filter.

My buddy gave me the speedometer that I wanted for some old wheels. And I also have the fuel gauge that I need. And I've already got the oil, volts, and temp in the a pillar

My dad is going to buy the exhaust manifolds as an early Christmas present:head3:
So there's $185 I dont have to spend and I called today to my local driveshaft and exhaust shop. About $250 for driveshaft front and rear and about $150 For the exhaust work. Not bad prices :cheers:
I was expecting to get bent over pretty bad lol
I just went shopping at auto zone and came back $60 poorer with a tach and speedometer cable lol the tach is a little bit bigger than the speedometer that I bought already. But I dont care lol. Now I just have one more gauge to buy... An ammeter

Here is how my swap is going so far money wise. I've been keeping track of what I've bought and what I need in Google Drive on my phone and on my tablet.

Thanks for viewing!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
A foot of snow in Alabama?!!! Does that ever actually happen? :)

Good luck to you, and I don't see anything wrong with improvising. God might have put that tree there just for your project. :roflsquared:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's try to keep this one clean. Not everyone has to like it and if you don't you don't need to post. Thanks.

Carry on!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious why you don't think you'll be able to use the stock speedo? stock tach I can understand but the speedo runs off a sensor in the rear (or so I thought) or off of the ABS signal, dependent on the year.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A foot of snow in Alabama?!!! Does that ever actually happen? :)

Good luck to you, and I don't see anything wrong with improvising. God might have put that tree there just for your project. :roflsquared:

This was almost 4 years ago. My step dad knee deep. This was also the year I took the post master to work all week for $50 a day. He offered so I kindly accepted!! :)

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My manifolds came in last night at 8:30!!! Super excited. Getting pretty close to completion!

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's todays progress cut the metal for the mounts exactly the way they need to be with the manifolds. And worked on my guages. And a picture of the radiator clearance.

Thanks for checking the progress so far!

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock v6 radiator! Might want to check into that a little better. Not sure that will be adequate cooling for a V8.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already have the running temp is higher on the v6 and its a lot new vs the old, just as thick, barely longer Chevy one. Lol

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
With the stock rad and a non Mopar engine, could their be an issue with coolant type? Just wondering.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shouldn't be an issue with coolant type, as long as any dex-cool type coolant is flushed out...i would stick with hoat even though he doesnt have aluminum heads on it...build looks great so far.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 5qts antifree(whichever brand is closest to my hand lol), 1 bottle of hyperlube coolant(glowing green color), and then fill the rest with water. I do this setup in every vehicle I own. Works well in Bama we have the occasional cold weather to shut down the towns but never had it cold enough to worry about the water in my motor freezing.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ needs hoat and hoat coolant only or else you'll have severe problems such as engine failure or other cooling system failures. Idk how the 350 will react to it but the other parts of the cooling system such as the rad will need it

Latest posts

Members online