Tire Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it odd, that the tire pressure (on the tiny letters, below the speedometer) says 35, but the sticker on the drivers side door says 32 PSI. My tires are fairly new, not the best brand.. All I could afford, are "Primewell". On a "particular" road, on my drive to work. The brakes will lock up and skid, or spin when I have to stop at 2 stop signs, only happens when the road is wet, or raining!
My solution, is to put her in 4 wheel, for the short distance, on that road...

It must the "poor" road surface, on that short stretch of road, Because, I have no problems anywhere else?

Oh, the stop signs are on a curve, but that does not explain the slipping, when I take off, from the stop there!

I tried lowering my TP to 32 PSI, and it made no difference.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I find it odd, that the tire pressure (on the tiny letters, below the speedometer) says 35, but the sticker on the drivers side door says 32 PSI. My tires are fairly new, not the best brand.. All I could afford, are "Primewell". On a "particular" road, on my drive to work. The brakes will lock up and skid, or spin when I have to stop at 2 stop signs, only happens when the road is wet, or raining!

It must the "poor" road surface, on that short stretch of road, Because, I have no problems anywhere else?

Oh, the stop signs are on a curve, but that does not explain the slipping, when I take off, from the stop there!

Thanks.

There isn't any tire pressure in tiny letters below the speedometer
There are numbers of the gauge cluster there
As far as the road surface sounds more like tires that anything else , should not have to use 4 wheel drive on just a wet road, PLUS depends on which transfer case you have could be doing damage to your transfer case

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just below the gauge on my dashboard, on both my 02' and 04', in tiny red letters, is says "TP 35" I assumed this is a throwback from the military Jeeps... Where it states the tire pressure. I've seen it on Post Office vehicles, usually printed on the wheel well, just above the tires. And I've seen it on old restored Military Jeeps also...

I could be wrong. But when I asked the mailman about it, on his postal Jeep, He said it means "tire pressure".

I've also seen it on much larger postal trucks. I used to work next to a Post Office.
Perhaps someone else can confirm, what I am saying?

Thanks for your reply.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The red lettering on the dash is the model number of the gauge if I am not mistaken.

The required tire pressure is on the B pillar when you open your door which would be 33psi.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya Different speedometer model numbers, mine is in KM per hour (export) it's 33.
57340[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

So the TP does not stand for tire pressure or toilet paper...it is TYPE 33 ! ha ha..:gr_grin:

Attachments

• Jeep%20Cluster%20Type33.jpg
    Jeep%20Cluster%20Type33.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just below the gauge on my dashboard, on both my 02' and 04', in tiny red letters, is says "TP 35" I assumed this is a throwback from the military Jeeps... Where it states the tire pressure. I've seen it on Post Office vehicles, usually printed on the wheel well, just above the tires. And I've seen it on old restored Military Jeeps also...

I could be wrong. But when I asked the mailman about it, on his postal Jeep, He said it means "tire pressure".

I've also seen it on much larger postal trucks. I used to work next to a Post Office.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are on this one

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your reply.

The qualifications for being a USPS mail carrier do not include any type of automotive, technical, nor engineering experience. He only needs to have a valid drivers license.

That being said, I know how to dig a hole, but don't ask me to operate the backhoe.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks.
It's your tires that are your issue.

Primewells are not suited for a vehicle being sent to the junkyard to be crushed.

Oh and like everyone has stated the "type 35" in your IC is the IC's model number not your tire pressure.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good tires are everything.......it's what connects you to the road.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen those tires they are maybe even worse than what came stock on the KJs.
I realize you said you were trying to save money but those are not a good choice , good tires don't spin on wet roads ( unless you are trying to make them do that)

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen those tires they are maybe even worse than what came stock on the KJs.
I realize you said you were trying to save money but those are not a good choice , good tires don't spin on wet roads ( unless you are trying to make them do that)

I did not know you could get any worse that SR-A's lol.

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wrong about the numbers on the dash board, Sorry! And as I've been researching, I agree, my Primewell tires are crap. But at the time, that was the best I could afford to buy.
I was unemployed for 2 years. I had to change careers, and start at the bottom. So I wasn't making much money at the time. I worked at a printing company for 27 years, and hot laid off, because of lack of work. Printing is a dying industry, computers took away printed books, bulk mail, and much much more. So I knew I had to change careers, or I would just get laid off again, after that company, went out of business. I am now a machinist, and doing very well, climbing the ladder fast! Finally making more money now... Still the Primewell tires do OK on other roads. So I still believe that it's the poor road surface where my tires slip. Using 4WD for that short distance, will not harm my Jeep. Once through it, I shift back into 2WD. Next time, I will be able to afford better tires!