Possessed 08 Kk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About $550 + core.

Still seems high to me for what it is. But it truly is plug and play. So there’s that.

Attachments

• IMG_1875.png
    IMG_1875.png
    576.6 KB · Views: 2

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may of jinxed myself

Driving the 5 miles to today. The fash lit up like a xmas tree and engine cut off. Pulled to side. Shut down. Restarted and ran fine. And after checking tipm and fuse connections. Hood won’t latch closed. What’s that all about?

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No jinx. But new code. P0884. TCM code.

Any advice? Replacement require programming?

Attachments

• IMG_1877.jpeg
    IMG_1877.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 2

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoot. Maybe the wiring on the TCM side is loose or pinched? I don’t know what the TCM looks like, so I got out my parts manual. It is #2 in this schematic.

I wouldn’t put much stock in the TCM location on the schematic since the TIPM is drawn on the wrong side, LOL.

You must be registered for see images attach

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot. Maybe the wiring on the TCM side is loose or pinched? I don’t know what the TCM looks like, so I got out my parts manual. It is #2 in this schematic.

I wouldn’t put much stock in the TCM location on the schematic since the TIPM is drawn on the wrong side, LOL.

Mounted on passengerside inner wheel well. Pic below of Dorman Reman. Not sure about reman or pull a part unit.

Attachments

• IMG_1883.png
    IMG_1883.png
    489.6 KB · Views: 2

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latest update. And hopefully the gods of the KK universe will have insight.

Yesterday died in driveway. Wouldn’t restart. Today for r/o efforts i put in old tipm. No go. Starter would crank but no start, and front windows were inoperable and no power at the obd2 port.

So i put back new TIPM. A/c works intermittently and it runs good for 10 minutes and stalls. Windows work and obd2 has power.

Ill get to a shop for a real scanner to see whats there. My generic scanner reveals nothing.

Could it be the ECM or TCM (depends who you ask what it is called)?

Thoughts. Advice. Sacrifices possible if needed.

Reaction score
Latest update. And hopefully the gods of the KK universe will have insight.

Yesterday died in driveway. Wouldn’t restart. Today for r/o efforts i put in old tipm. No go. Starter would crank but no start, and front windows were inoperable and no power at the obd2 port.

So i put back new TIPM. A/c works intermittently and it runs good for 10 minutes and stalls. Windows work and obd2 has power.

Ill get to a shop for a real scanner to see whats there. My generic scanner reveals nothing.

Could it be the ECM or TCM (depends who you ask what it is called)?

Thoughts. Advice. Sacrifices possible if needed.
I have the same Jeep. Started having problems with rough start. Guess what. Replaced battery in key and all is just fine. The TIPS system needs to get the ok from the key I guess. Good luck.

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latest update. It’s the PCM gone bad. Looking into viable options to replace. And starter is on its way out. Has anyone had any experience with this company out of FL? Solopcms?

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Back from shop today. Had it for 3 weeks. BUT New PCM installed. New starter and new throttle body installed. Shop said after sitting overnight it would not start until after 20 minutes on charger. Got it home and per meter battery was at 12.2 volts (engine off). Jumped to 13.5 when running. Had a quick flash of traction and abs light driving 5 miles from shop. Maybe battery is failing?? Advice / thoughts?

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. After all night on charger. Battery dead after a cold rainy night.

New battery installed. Running well now.

Ill keep updating for future reference

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning. Started. Stalled. Restarted. Took for drive popped codes P0882 & P0573. Also dashboard flashed on and off. Went into limp mode. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpeg
    IMG_2215.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2216.jpeg
    IMG_2216.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 2

Jeepman53

Reaction score
Hi All. Advice needed to avoid chasing my tail in circles. 2008 Kk limited 128k became posessed a few days back.

While driving around town, wipers on / off automatically, dash lights flashing on/off like Xmas tree, tach and speedo drop to zero and then kick back on, and radio kicks on & off all while driving.

Now running fine. No gremlins present

Alternator was replaced a week prior. Battery (interstate) installed 1/2023. Aftermarket radio w/ canbus adapter installed 1/2023.

Pulled codes. See pics. Codes cleared, and ill see what returns. FYI no check engine light on.

Any thoughts or tips / tricks? A faulty BCM or does TIPM need refurbishing?

Thanks in advance.
my 08 did the same thing! It was just a warning shot for what was coming! about a week later it just died on my way home. turns out my 2 month old alternator gave up the ghost! Just goes to prove new ones go bad too! i would have it tested.

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Hopefully final update. Jeep is back from auto electronics diagnostics shop. Turns out new Dorman TIPM was faulty. Swapping it out and repairs done at 1st shop made the problems worse with mutiple communication errors in canbus system.

Fix was to reinstall original TIPM and reflash. The TIPM gateway basically crashed and needed what basically was being reformatted and brought back to life.

So far 45 miles in and running well. Previously it would cut off within minutes of starting.

So if a TIPM replacement is needed definitely get it reflashed / recalibrated back to OEM to avoid issues.

Ill update this if any Gremlins return.