3.7 2008 Jeep Liberty Valve seats part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mastert

Reaction score
Is there a replacement valve seat that can be pressed in for the 3.7 jeep engine?

I actually need 2 intake valve seats even used would be great. just something I could press in without any machine shop expense.
I bought this 2008 Liberty and it has dropped a valve seat, I would like to repair the heads and get the engine running enough to check out the rest of the vehicle. Transmission, 4 wheel drive , running gear, etc.

Jeep is nice enough to spend some money on a replacement engine if everything else checks out.

Thanks,
Tim in Kentucky

Attachments

• jl.jpg
    jl.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did some searching and found some here:

I don’t have any idea of the quality or fitment, because I haven’t heard of anyone replacing valve seats before. When valve seats come up on the forum, it’s usually them failing (usually on 2002’s) and causing destruction. If that engine of yours dropped a valve seat and the piston and cylinder walls came out unscathed, you are very lucky!

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's more to it than what you're proposing and you'll be risking one falling out again and, this time, possibly causing major engine damage.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A machine shop can replace and recut valve seats, its not a job to do at home unless you are very well equipped. If the engines have a reputation for dropping them it may be worth replacing all of them, I'm not familiar with the V6 so I can't commit on that but the machine shop should know.