Steering Wheel Lock (yes it does)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went outside and tried this as well and this is what I found out:

2002 Sport with manual transmission locks in any position

2002 Renegade with auto transmission only locks with wheel upside down

2003 Limited with auto transmission only locks with wheel upside down

2004 Sport with auto transmission only locks with the wheel upside down

my 2002 owners manual says that all models have the steering wheel lock but there is an addendum that says that the steering wheel lock has been discontinued in vehicles equipped with an auto transmission. The 2003 and 2004 owners manuals both state that the steering wheel lock is only on vehicles that came equipped with the manual transmission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I first figured it out some two years ago and told Tim.
He thought I was on glue when I told him we had a locking steering wheel...
Then I just forgot about it!
(I have more important things on my mind...)
Then when Jen and I went camping recently, I re-discovered that the steering wheel
does lock and brought it up with Tim...

It does however surprise me that Tim and I are not the only one's that
didn't know that the steering wheel locks!

Oh, and Hyde, I do used to unplug me battery when I leave our KJ anywhere for a long period of time!
I have used to have one of those quick disconnects on the battery.
One that allowed the radio to keep it's memory.
I removes it when I installed a new battery and forgot all about the damn thing!
ow I need to re-install it again.(If i can find it!... And if not, I'll buy two, one for Tim and one for our KJ!)

I also like the idea of pulling the storage fuse to really screw with a would be thief!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
So Far the census says steering wheel upside down locks with Auto Transmissions.
The Manual Transmission locks in any position.
Troy stated his 02 locks in any position, is it a manual? If not, he would be the only auto that locks in any position.
Strange that they stated in owner's manual discontinued yet they continue locking.
My owners manual states will lock only if you have a manual ******.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
So Far the census says steering wheel upside down locks with Auto Transmissions.
The Manual Transmission locks in any position.
Troy stated his 02 locks in any position, is it a manual, if not he would be the only auto that locks in any position.
Strange that they stated in owner's manual discontinued yet they continue locking.
My owners manual states will lock only if you have a manual ******.

Ya...
And my owners manual say's that cavity Number three in the drivers compartment fuse panel is a fifteen amp fuse for the horns!!!
The copy writer must of been smoking some good shit to print that one!:happy175: