Window repair warranty extended for 06 & 07 KJs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got it in the mail today!. Chrysler is extending the window regulator warranty repairs to 7 years from the orginial purchase date of vehicle. No Mileage limits either. This only applies to 06 and 07 Liberty's.

Also, If you have already had a window regulator repaired out of warranty they will reimburse you for the repairs. Even if you did the repair yourself. I contacted them today and they said I will be reimburst for parts I've purchased. There is a form included in the letter that you have to fill out and then send it back to Chrysler with a copy of the invoice for the repair.

So watch your mail boxes people!

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Of course '02-'05 aren't covered, while there have been some failures reported, they were not a SERIOUS PROBLEM like '06-'07.

I have been a victim of a '06 failure, and I've seen countless KJs with tape residue, random things holding the window up, etc.

Good thing they are extending the warranties on them

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not have a different company make the product. It is obviously faulty design or just plane old crap.

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the extended warranty for the original owner only?

clapperc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you could post a copy of the letter that would be helpful... Thanks!

Just got it in the mail today!. Chrysler is extending the window regulator warranty repairs to 7 years from the orginial purchase date of vehicle. No Mileage limits either. This only applies to 06 and 07 Liberty's.

Also, If you have already had a window regulator repaired out of warranty they will reimburse you for the repairs. Even if you did the repair yourself. I contacted them today and they said I will be reimburst for parts I've purchased. There is a form included in the letter that you have to fill out and then send it back to Chrysler with a copy of the invoice for the repair.

So watch your mail boxes people!

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received one today as well, I'll see if i can scan it into my pc, and I'll post it here

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

My vin and address is covered for personal reasons....
and here is the refund form too
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, got the same letter...just in time too, as my driver's window regulator is going again.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think any owner, because I'm the 2nd owner of my liberty, and it is out of warranty due to time @ not mileage, considering I purchased it at a little over 21,000, and it only had 4 months of the original factory warranty left. So I'm thinking so, you can always call them and ask.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think any owner, because I'm the 2nd owner of my liberty, and it is out of warranty due to time @ not mileage, considering I purchased it at a little over 21,000, and it only had 4 months of the original factory warranty left. So I'm thinking so, you can always call them and ask.

Nice thanks!
I will definetly be calling be local Jeep dealership and see whats they have to say!

Sergio Marchionne

Reaction score
Local dealer will do the work under warranty with $100 co-pay. How many of you are being offered "such a deal"? I've done one with Steiger parts, and will submit my invoice for reimbursement. I'll do the current bad one myself, too if it's going to cost $100 for the dealer to do it.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the extended warranty for the original owner only?

I would think it's for any owner since the Factory Warranty stays with the vehicle and this extended warranty is base off the factory warranty start date (which is also the first owner purchase date.)

Sergio Marchionne

Reaction score
Just talked to Chrysler Case Manager, he said that VIN of my CRD was not part of the extended warranty, even though it's a 2006. He couldn't say whether the vehicle was too new or too old for the warranty, but that it may have come from a factory where the defective parts were not installed. Funny that two of my regulators have broken with less than 33,000 miles on the rig.

Sergio Marchionne

Reaction score
Judging from the application charts for repair kits on EBAY, the extended warranty probably only applies to 2006 CRDs with a build date after 2-25-2006 and all 2007's.

clapperc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine with 52k miles on her. Jeep/Chrysler (not my dealership) did request an up-front co-payment, but then reimbursed it to me afterwards.

Local dealer will do the work under warranty with $100 co-pay. How many of you are being offered "such a deal"? I've done one with Steiger parts, and will submit my invoice for reimbursement. I'll do the current bad one myself, too if it's going to cost $100 for the dealer to do it.