jba 4in lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbsp516

Reaction score
ok guys im new to this.....i have a 2002 and im thinking about getting the jba 4 inch lift. i was wondering what yall thought about it. also is there anything else i need to know besides cutting the front cv axels.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey welcome to the site.:D

There is 1 guy on here that runs that lift...kjpilot...he can tell you about it. He will chime in when he sees this thread.

2.5-3" is the usual lift people run with on KJ's since anything higher will run into more problems with the drive train...balljoint angles...CV's...and so on. Also, if you go with 32-33" tires, then re-gearing is a definite must...3.73's are at the limit with 32" tires.....4.10's front and rear for the bigger tires......

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got about 5 inches on it! It's a good kit. I was one of the first two commercial kits installed & rolling, so I was a bit of a guinea pig. Nearly all of my complaints were addressed with improvements in the kit.

If you get the adjust-a-strut system, then all but one of my issues are solved, but I think that final issue was due to a front end collision my KJ was in before I bought it. no other customers had the problem, so it must have been due to the accident. I solved my last issue with a 1" K-frame/t-case drop. which was simple to make & install.

It now rides very nice. Marlin is a great guy to work with, he won't quit until you are satisfied. There is no need to worry about that!

I'll post some photos

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

These are with my front sway bar disconnects (also from JBA) removed & my rear sway bar uninstalled. Used a makeshift RTI:

Last edited:

jbsp516

Reaction score
thats sick i plan on the jba 4in with either 15x8 or 16x7 on 32's just gotta get the money together lol.....

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get this 1" K-frame / T-case drop from JBA??... Do you have any pictures of this (and the installation)??...

Nope, his is a 2" & I don't understand why it's so expensive. I just ordered 1"
thick steel plates cut to size by the steel yard, then I drilled the bolt holes. on the two bars for the engine cradle I had to use an angle grinder to make an indentation in the side to make room for the strut area.

I spent $75 for the steel, & an afternoon making holes & an evening grinding steel.

No photos of it, I wasn't in the mood to care!;)

jbsp516

Reaction score
also how does that thing ride??? and how long have you had your jba 4in lift. im sooo close to having enough money i just wanna make sure i do right

Members online

No members online now.