my back door does not open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jggv98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like the post says, my back door (cargo) does not open, only the lift gate, but not the door, and i dont hear the motor sound when i press the unlock button or when i try to open it

Last week i have this issue one morning, but after a few hours the door open normaly

Today is the 2nd time and i dont know what it is, there is no stange sound or something like a bad motor

I disconnect the battery triyng to reset the computer, but it doesnt work

Is a 2004 KJ Sport 4x4

Some one has this issue in the past?

Last edited:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That lock actuator in there went bad, pretty common and has come up on here a few times.

You have to buy a new one, flip down the rear seats, crawl into the back and pop out that little square access panel and replace it. Or at least release the door latch from the inside to swing it open and make it easier to work on.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
I would have titled this "My tailgate door does not open" not, umm, back-door, 'cause my backdoor is not opening for anyone, heh heh heh... Anyhow... Just a joke, so ya know...

Do you hear the lock actuator "chk-kh-ch" when you unlock the doors, or double press the tailgate key on the remote? It can be anything from the lock actuator, to linkage in the door. You'll have to remove the panel and look around...

jggv98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That lock actuator in there went bad, pretty common and has come up on here a few times.

You have to buy a new one, flip down the rear seats, crawl into the back and pop out that little square access panel and replace it. Or at least release the door latch from the inside to swing it open and make it easier to work on.

Thanks

Where i can find it and buy it? only at Jeep Dealers?