Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Preferred Vendors > The Grafx Shop

The Grafx Shop

2006 Jeep Liberty

This is a discussion on 2006 Jeep Liberty within the The Grafx Shop forums, part of the Preferred Vendors category!
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited Sport Utility 4-Door 3.7L 226Cu. In. V6 GAS 4X4. My radio shorted out ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2006 Jeep Liberty

I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited Sport Utility 4-Door 3.7L 226Cu. In. V6 GAS 4X4. My radio shorted out smoke came from the dash. Now it will start and run okay. Nothing that has an electrical load will work. When I turn anything that carries a load such as blower, head lights, door locks, wipers nothing works. When I turn on any load, I hear what sounds like a relay engage and drop out as soon as it drops out it will engage again like click, click, click each time it clicks some of the dash lights will flash each time it clicks, until I turn the load off.

Help
louisirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Originally Posted by louisirby View Post
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited Sport Utility 4-Door 3.7L 226Cu. In. V6 GAS 4X4. My radio shorted out smoke came from the dash. Now it will start and run okay. Nothing that has an electrical load will work. When I turn anything that carries a load such as blower, head lights, door locks, wipers nothing works. When I turn on any load, I hear what sounds like a relay engage and drop out as soon as it drops out it will engage again like click, click, click each time it clicks some of the dash lights will flash each time it clicks, until I turn the load off.

Help
So it's safe to assume you didn't do any testing of anything yet? Because you don't say so.

What have you already done to troubleshoot this, so we don't waste time suggesting the same things all over again?
JasonJ is offline   Reply With Quote