Wrangler center console in a KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bajasoobnut

Reaction score
Hey I have searched and searched and I am just wondering if anyone has looked into changing out the libby center console for one from a Wrangler?

Reason I am asking is because I want to get one or a few of the accessories that they offer for the Wrangler crowd that replace things like the armrest cubby with a lockable one. Also rear cupholders would be good too cause I sometimes have kids in the back.

Just wanting to bounce some ideas off you guys.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It probably would be a lot more fab work than you'd want to do
I'm pretty sure the arm rest is part of the whole trim piece that goes up by the shifter so you'd have to cut that off and try to make it flow with the rest of the trim

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Like mentioned its all one piece, so in most cases I think i would end up looking like a hack job really.
Plus the price on some of the lockables ones are really high priced

Of course anything can be done with enough fab work, patience, knowledge, experience, common sense:gr_grin:

Last edited:

bajasoobnut

Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys I was just curious if it had been done before. I just am wanting something secure so I can put a pistol and/or valuables into and also have some of the options that I have ran across with the wrangler accessories like a tray that has wireless charging built in and stuff like that.

I guess I will go with my original plan and make a metal cased cubby with a locking lid using part of a cubby I pulled from a junk yard a little bit ago.

There are a few other things in the works also that I will post about when I get closer to fruition with them. One being a steel cargo tray that just needs to be punched out and bent up so I can weld it all together.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
They sell a lot of lockboxes which bolt in under a seat. Maybe something like that?