Light bar mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need light bar mounts for my 04 kj!!!! I have a 50" straight led light bar someone please help! Where can I get them or what are the dimensions to make them!

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need light bar mounts for my 04 kj!!!! I have a 50" straight led light bar someone please help! Where can I get them or what are the dimensions to make them!

Probably unlikely you'll be able to find mounts that would work for a 50"
I have a 42" curved light bar on the roof of mine and I had to use mounts for a GMC
Being that yours is straight would make it harder to mount considering mine is literally the exact size you need to have it all contour with the rest of the Jeep
If you were to find mounts they would have to bend outward to accommodate the extra 8" of light bar you have compared to mine

So, either fab up some yourself or try to sell the one you have and get a 42" would be my best advice
I'd be glad to share pictures of my mounts and the final product if you went that route, but IMO a 50" is just too big for our roof to look good in any way and have it sit where you would want it
Let alone to try and fab mounts for it would be difficult and in the end would more than likely look completely absurd

Here you can see what mine looks like:
You must be registered for see images attach

Jam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get your mounts for the gmc on eBay?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get your mounts for the gmc on eBay?

Amazon, but like I said your light bar is too big to fit on the roof
And if you think you can just buy mounts and bend them you can't
They're thick and will not bend from being put in a vice so I would really advise you get a smaller one

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you already have this light bar, or buy it specifically for this application? Not to be mean, but it sounds like you haven't researched this at all.

If you are capable of making mounting brackets, then you are capable of measuring to get the dimensions... asking for them is somewhat pointless. Plus, the bends required will depend on the width of the light, as JeepLib05 mentioned, so one guy's dimensions won't necessarily fit your application.

Jam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this light bar laying around I figured I'd ask before I went through all the work of measuring and what not in case someone had it handy, I'm going to buy the 42 and the gmc mounts thanks!

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this light bar laying around I figured I'd ask before I went through all the work of measuring and what not in case someone had it handy, I'm going to buy the 42 and the gmc mounts thanks!

That'd be the way to go, for sure! Might get more usable light (unless you want a general flood light) to get a shorter one with deeper reflectors and mount it in front of the grille.

Top of the vehicle is actually a pretty lousy place for LED light bars, given their shallow reflectors.

Jam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have 2 pods on the front for the direct light and then I was just thinking of throwing something on top for when I'm in the trails at night, roof mount light bars really light up the upper part of trees and give a pretty good flood light overall, jeeplib05 by the way you said you got gmc mounts, what gmc vehicle were they specifically for?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 23" 5D light bar on the front and the 42" 4D light bar on the roof
The one up front gives me the distance I need and some spread and the 42" gives me the wider spread while still providing down-road light
So they both complement each other very well, allowing me to have tons of light

If I were you I'd get a 42" 5D flood/spot combo because the 23" I have is nearly half the size and gives out more down-road light
You'd be very happy with it
I only get my LED lighting from Auxbeam by the way, great products for a good price
I've never had any issues with them and shipping is fast

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Problem with roof mounted lights is they highlight all of the dust / bugs/ moths/ bigfoots in the air etc.
Bumper is the best place really

Jam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that does sound like a pretty good combo I'm gonna look into that, so jeeplib05 what vehicle were your mounts specifically for? Like an GMC Sierra or something?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that does sound like a pretty good combo I'm gonna look into that, so jeeplib05 what vehicle were your mounts specifically for? Like an GMC Sierra or something?

Not sure I believe so

Jam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also what about lift kits, what's a good lift kit to go with, I would like to run some 32"s on this thing get it off the ground a bit, anyone know a good lift kit for these? I was thinking about going with rough country....ideas?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also what about lift kits, what's a good lift kit to go with, I would like to run some 32"s on this thing get it off the ground a bit, anyone know a good lift kit for these? I was thinking about going with rough country....ideas?
Don't do it. Not many good reviews on that one. Check out this thread as another new person had the same dilemma. http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60978

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

To run 32s you need to regear to at least 4.10s and have a solid 4 inches of lift over new stock height

READ !:happy175:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To run 32s you need to regear to at least 4.10s and have a solid 4 inches of lift over new stock height

READ !:happy175:

Yes ^
If you read around you'll learn it's not really worth the hassle to try and get 4"+ of lift on a KJ, just gets expensive mainly and to get it right it takes some work
Your best bet would probably be to just get around 3 1/4"-3 1/2" of lift and run 31s
Also, NO RC lifts they're junk only OME springs and Bilstein shocks (if you can't find OME132Ls)
Then add small things to get it up over 3"

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Rough Country = J U N K , plus any other spacer style lift due to KJs having very weak spring rates from the get go
here is a pic of mine with 32s( 265-75-16s )/ 4.10s/ JBA adjustable coilover lift etc ( over 4 inches of lift ) ( on the right ) Had to run the JBAs coilovers since anything over 3.5-3.75 you get UCA/ spring contact over bumps
vs
John OME lifted with 3.75 inches of lift on 245-75-16s
While they look good at that height, it takes some extra $$$ and common sense to do it right .

After 12 years of chasing the best lift, ride, overall usefulness my current build is only 2.5 inches of JBA Total Control Lift on 265-70-16s and 4.10s
not as eye catching on the road by others but way fewer issues long term
Will I build another at 4 plus inches ? Sure but it will be trick, new things coming

Last edited:

Devonslaw

Reaction score
Was wondering if any place sells off road accessories I can't find any anywhere for a 2012 liberty sport

Latest posts

Members online