LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about fitting these headlights into my KJ to give it a nice look and clear as much space in front as I can for a small, custom front bumper.

http://www.amazon.com/Brightsky-Rou...1-2&keywords=brightsky+2+pcs+7"+30w+round+led

Does anyone who knows about wiring know if these will require a different wiring harness or any wiring relocation due to the turn signal being a part of the headlight?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What headlight bucket are you going to mount them in ? They wont fit stock.

I have not looked at the headlight buckets yet.

I was more concerned about the wiring and making sure i can wire my turn signal to these lights effectively so i can remove the orange marker lights along with the front bumper to get a new steel one installed

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the size (width,height, depth) of our stock KJ headlights?

Over 7 inches, like 7.5 to 7.75 something in that area. Plus if you are going to do it, but good lights. Those cheaper ones just don't have the beam pattern thats very good

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to do it, put good lights.

Examples please?

I will still be looking for something with a turn signal in the headlamp to remove it from the bumper. Thanks

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
JW Speaker

Truck-Lite units
Peterson headlamp,

3 to start with and some of the best, of course new ones coming out all of the time, but of course to get a good light its going to cost more
Those cheaper ones scatter light everywhere and just don't last

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JW Speaker

Truck-Lite units
Peterson headlamp,

3 to start with and some of the best, of course new ones coming out all of the time, but of course to get a good light its going to cost more
Those cheaper ones scatter light everywhere and just don't last

So, if I'm correct, (and correct me if I'm wrong) these lights are also 7 inches in diameter. So what would be your main gripe about the headlights I was looking to install? They suit my needs more than these other headlights.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So, if I'm correct, (and correct me if I'm wrong) these lights are also 7 inches in diameter. So what would be your main gripe about the headlights I was looking to install? They suit my needs more than these other headlights.

My main gripe? :icon_lol:
Much better lights, those cheaper ones do not perform well at all.
They are not focused as well, throw light out more in every direction etc
But hey whatever, just thought if going to all of the work retrofitting a light that's smaller into a larger area you'd also want a good light that performs well
Carry on.

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My main gripe? :icon_lol:
Much better lights, those cheaper ones do not perform well at all.
They are not focused as well, throw light out more in every direction etc
But hey whatever, just thought if going to all of the work retrofitting a light that's smaller into a larger area you'd also want a good light that performs well
Carry on.

I was just wondering because i was under the assumption these lights would fit better in my car "closer to stock size" than the one that i have found, but thank you for your input on the lights and maybe ill just have to add in front markers on my steel bumper :shrug:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were to do any fabrication for headlights I would get Truck Lites for the JK and modify them. A lot of work to do and not be impressed with a cheaper light. I cannot say anything for the quality of the ones posted but have never heard a person complain about Truck Lite's. It's like my brother complaining about the quality of the $99 HID kits. Won't drop $200-$300 on a good kit but will constantly replace bulbs and ballasts. You get what you pay for. Just my $0.02!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a line on some that may work for you, contract signed looking over now what I will be selling

featherlight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tommudd is 100% correct that KJ headlamp housing > 7" diameter. The mounting points for Wrangler headlamps are different from KJ headlamps. Simplest way I see is to make some custom mounting brackets from aluminum sheet metal that fit the KJ mounting points; then mount the Wrangler lights to that.

With regards to wiring... KJ headlights use 9007 (HB5) connectors. The kit you linked comes with an H4 to H13 adapter (2007+ Wrangler = H13). You would need some 9007 (HB5) to H4 adapters to make this work. Just Google/Ebay/Amazon search for them and there are plenty of options. With regards to the turn signal being part of the headlight, I could be wrong here, but isn't that controlled by the CAN-BUS? So, shouldn't it just work if connected to the system? Best thing to do is to check how the Wrangler guys perform this install. The Wrangler indicators are also separate from the headlights. If they don't have to make a special connection for the indicators to work, then I think you can assume that you won't either. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

12Bravo

Reaction score
It would be nice if there was a commercially available kit to fit the Truck Lite headlights into the Liberty. I had a Truck Lite on my Harley and was very impressed with the light.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if there was a commercially available kit to fit the Truck Lite headlights into the Liberty. I had a Truck Lite on my Harley and was very impressed with the light.

We can all hope and dream but there will never be aftermarket lights for us
All of the retrofits I've seen are ugly as well so it does kind of suck
I'll never use halogen bulbs so I have HID currently because the light output on the KJ ***** but now it's much better

Latest posts

Members online