Front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone here that can build a nice bumper or know a shop that can do it in the Ohio area? (I know Tom has made some but I wasn't sure if he still would)
I'm very interested in having one fabbed up because I'm not a huge fan of the ARB and its price tag to go along with it
I know how to weld but I just don't have the space or time to build such a big piece and to go along with that I don't have a welder, chop saw or any materials although it'd be cheaper for me to do it myself
I've emailed a couple businesses in my area but they say that it "wouldn't be cost efficient" to build it for me because it'd be close to, if not right at $2k which I'm not going to pay considering the ARB is about $1,300 or whatever
Another shop said I'd have to leave the KJ there for 3 days and they're in a different state so I clearly can't do that either
This is the style I like:
You must be registered for see images attach

It's simple yet aggressive looking but there's also some stuff I want changed (more like i don't want some stuff that's on it)
I wouldn't need it Line-X'd because I want to paint it myself along with my fenders so bare metal would be fine
I know that I'll obviously have to spend quite a bit for it but really not trying to go past the price point that the ARB is at
Feel free to PM me some quotes if you want and I'll give the details as to what exactly I want
I appreciate the help in advance!

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well,
A: did you contact Tom?
B: be prepared for paying for quality
c: if you can't afford the ARB, wait and save up
D: probably all the above you know already so not sure what else you are looking for?

GOOD LUCK

Bert

I'm not concerned with affording the ARB
I don't like the look of it, it's just too big for my liking and I wouldn't want to spend $1,300 on it
I like the style in the picture I posted, which isn't as beefy nor has the "nudge" bar so I was thinking it'd be better looking and cheaper
And to add, I don't want some of the stuff that's on the bumper pictured, so it'd be even less work

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish you the best of luck. Hope something pans out for you, BUT... consider the amount of time and hours that has to go into something like that... assume a few hundred in materials, if a skilled fabricator only charged you $40/hr, and it took a total of 20 hours of labor, $800, and you'd be at the cost of an ARB.

I realize you dont like the ARB... but, I think realistically in a one-off production like this, you're going to have $1500+ into it. Just something to think about.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not concerned with affording the ARB
I don't like the look of it, it's just too big for my liking and I wouldn't want to spend $1,300 on it
I like the style in the picture I posted, which isn't as beefy nor has the "nudge" bar so I was thinking it'd be better looking and cheaper
And to add, I don't want some of the stuff that's on the bumper pictured, so it'd be even less work

OK fair enough! what about A and B ?

Bert

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK fair enough! what about A and B ?

Bert

A: No I have not yet, I didn't know if he was still in the fab business
B: Yes I am aware, I indeed want a quality bumper
But I think if I could get someone to build me one and leave it bare metal, not put some things on it that are on the one in the picture, then it won't cost nearly as much as getting it bed lined, having the winch mount, fog lights, and being in three pieces

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The one pictured is a rock lizard fabrications front bumper
contact him

My old one I sold recently

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one pictured is a rock lizard fabrications front bumper
contact him

My old one I sold recently

I didn't think he'd make them since it says they're discontinued on the website

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I contacted Martin and he won't make any more so I guess I'll have to wait and see if someone decides to fab a couple
Hmm, Tom..

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks cool, I just wouldn't care to spend $1,300 on it
I like the simplistic look of the one in the picture I posted
It's not bulky, yet looks good and sturdy IMO

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it looks cool, I just wouldn't care to spend $1,300 on it
I like the simplistic look of the one in the picture I posted
It's not bulky, yet looks good and sturdy IMO

I have 4 different designs I am working on / looking at/ thinking which would work better/ pros/ cons of each one and then if it is actually worth it to build any, would anyone actually buy them :happy175::happy175::happy175:
Got stuck for one of the rears 3 years ago, so although I sold several I actually just broke even when all was said and done due to being screwed on one sale
So thinking...............:Insane::Insane::help::Insane::emotions34:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 4 different designs I am working on / looking at/ thinking which would work better/ pros/ cons of each one and then if it is actually worth it to build any, would anyone actually buy them :happy175::happy175::happy175:
Got stuck for one of the rears 3 years ago, so although I sold several I actually just broke even when all was said and done due to being screwed on one sale

Please do :worship:
I'm sure you'd have numerous people want to purchase them from you since there's only one option and it'd be nice to have a different look

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of people think the ARB sticks out too far

what they don't think about is the amount of tools, food and beer you can sit on there !:happy175:

True story, I sat on bumper and put beer just so i can drink sitting on it...in front of apartment i live in LOL

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yep I'd be in for at least the rear.

I put my money where my mouth is too.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i was in this position, I'd go buy a welder, a how to weld for dummies book, and a boat load of metal and go to town... heck.. it shouldn't be too hard to come up with SOMETHING that will mount to the truck.

Then, you can always take it off, haul it into a custom fab shop and ask them to make you one that doesn't look like your welder puked all over every seam.

Assuming yours turns out looking like poo; if it doesnt, just run with that.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i was in this position, I'd go buy a welder, a how to weld for dummies book, and a boat load of metal and go to town... heck.. it shouldn't be too hard to come up with SOMETHING that will mount to the truck.

Then, you can always take it off, haul it into a custom fab shop and ask them to make you one that doesn't look like your welder puked all over every seam.

Assuming yours turns out looking like poo; if it doesnt, just run with that.

I was thinking of doing that, I just don't have the space in my garage to be welding a huge piece of metal and I also don't have a chop saw
I actually weld pretty good (obviously not like a professional) I was in a technical class in high school and we worked with robotics, wiring, pneumatics, hydraulics, welding, and construction so I've had my fair share of time welding
I just felt like it'd be close to the same price to buy all the material and build it myself when I could have someone else do it
I mean, a good welder is probably around $300-$400, then a chop saw is probably around $300, grinding wheel and all materials probably another $200 at least
Then I'm already at around $1k and I don't even know if it'd look good
I'll probably just wait for Tom, I'm patient :Big Laugh:

Latest posts

Members online