angle help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trying to figure out the angles i want/ should have for the roof rails im making, whats the best way to test out different angles without bending/wasting a bunch of tube. Thinking of heating up some conduit and getting it where i want it then just measuring the angles ?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
trying to figure out the angles i want/ should have for the roof rails im making, whats the best way to test out different angles without bending/wasting a bunch of tube. Thinking of heating up some conduit and getting it where i want it then just measuring the angles ?

Be very careful heating up conduit, gases coming off of some of that is real bad for your lungs.
Try some heavy wire, or plastic pipe , exhaust tubing

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be very careful heating up conduit, gases coming off of some of that is real bad for your lungs.
Try some heavy wire, or plastic pipe , exhaust tubing

plastic is what i meant yeah, kind of a newby when it comes to fab. I have good metal working/welding skills from the farm but have never tried things like bumpers roof racks/rails etc...

thanks tom

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a whole bunch of cardboard tubes from paper rolls, like industrial paper rolls

the tubes im talking about are about 4-5 feet long about 1/4" thick - the kind you could actually beat the tar out of someone with and do damage heh - check with a major business forms or paper company around your area they'll usually have a bunch of them that get sent to recycling

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cardboard mock ups, PVC piping... flexible corrugated drain tubing....

Latest posts

Members online