12.5" Willwood Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This question is more for tjkj2002 than anyone else, but I figured that other folks who are considering the SFA option may find the info useful.

What was the issue that you experienced with this particular set of brakes? I was initially leaning towards them, but Martin has instead recommended the Explorer set saying that there was just too many problems.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you happen to get a leaky rear axle seal expect to pay $300+ for new pads and rotors and hope you still can find the rotors.The biggest issue is the stock KJ master cylinder can not supply enough volume to those 4 piston calipers to make them work good.Forget trying to add a hydroboost also as the calipers will blow apart under that much pressure.

Get the Explorer rear discs,virtually the same brakes as the rear KJ disc brakes so the master cylinder will operate them correctly.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That *****. Yep, it looks like I'll be skipping out on the Willwoods. Thanks for the info!