Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackakin

Reaction score
Wife has a 2012 Jeep Liberty that trans will no shift after warming up. Started after dealer serviced it after it warms up it quits shifting took it back to dealer they want $5300 to put new trans in . Thought it had life time on drive train, thoughts are if trans cooler plugged could not be cooling and causes to jam after warming

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you get a trans temp light? If not I doubt it's overheating. Did this happen immediately after the dealer service or like a few days/weeks later?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Myke said but I wonder if they didn't fill it properly and they're in "cover their ass" mode. I think 07 up don't have a dipstick.

Jarochlitz

Reaction score
Find a good transmission place. I’m pretty sure that it possibly has the 42LRE and are known to get stuck in second gear. It’s called limp home mode and is suppose to save the trans from getting ****** up but since it’s call electrical driven many things can go wrong. I have an 2006 Liberty and I’ll be doing the solenoids soon it looks like. It helps a bunch to have an experienced transmission place so that I can get the most out of my transmission before replacing the whole unit.