New here-2nd Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotMyWife'sJeep

Reaction score
Greetings. I just signed up, although I've been stalking this forum for years!

My wife & I bought a Liberty Sport new in 2006. When our daughter got her license last year, I bought a 2002 Liberty with 220,000 miles, which I put a lot of work into, including a heater core. That was a fun Saturday. Anyway, in July we traded the 02 Liberty in on my wife's new Cherokee, and I took her 06 Liberty.

I COULD NOT get it out of my head that I was driving "my wife's" Jeep. So I decided to do a few things to make it "mine". I put a RC 3" lift in it, and 265/70/16's under it. I had to do a bit of trimming in the wheel well, including the pinch weld. I love how it looks now, and it feels like my Jeep, not my wife's. I don't do much off-roading, so it's mostly for a beefier look. It does handle amazing in our Minnesota snow, although I'm hoping for a huge snow and thick-enough ice on the lake to really let it rip. (I really do not get all the hate here for RC lifts, but like I said, I'm not taking it rock climbing. It's a Mall-Rated 4x4! It's been working great for me.)

And I'm trying to figure out how to insert a picture from my album...HOW do I do that?

NotMyWife'sJeep

Reaction score
Pictures...

I sort of figured out how to attach pictures, but how do I insert the pic itself? Or can't I? BTW, the tires are GY Duratrac's. Excellent. Not cheap though.

Attachments

• Libby Rear.jpg
    Libby Rear.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Libby Front.jpg
    Libby Front.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 21

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
WELCOME
So now are you ready for a word of caution?
RC Lift , is bad
Reason, they are junk, plus using stock springs and shocks which are weak anyways causes that much more wear. If you don't believe wait a few months. many of us have been working/ lifting these for 12-14 years and have seen first hand what spacer lifts do to the various suspension parts. PLUS makes no difference at all if you ever go off road, driving most roads in the USA puts as much wear on parts as off roading .
Install teraflex bumpstops in front and it will help a little bit so you're not replacing everything in a few months
How much do you you have from middle of the left front wheel to bottom of the flare ? That will tell how much you lift you have .
Otherwise enjoy

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I sort of figured out how to attach pictures, but how do I insert the pic itself? Or can't I? BTW, the tires are GY Duratrac's. Excellent. Not cheap though.

Great tire, keep them rotated every 3000 miles and they will do you good
My 265-75-16s on the 04 lasted over 95,000 miles, didn't think they would ever wear out, was tired of looking at them :happy175:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum? Where in MN are you?

I'm just across the Mississippi River from La Crescent, I'm in La Crosse.

EagleOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I just found this Forum too and am looking forward to learning from everyone.