Jeep Liberty KJ tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronjmartin

Reaction score
hello, ive owned my jeep liberty for about 2 days now and am working on the tailgate now.

first problem: glass tailgate wont stay up, going to replace the struts, but do i have to use the same brand and model it came with (Stabulis 44831-A) or can i use any. if so, any suggestions on one that would work.

second problem (and main problem): the glass tailgate will not close, and latch. Ive been driving with a bungie cord or else it will bounce up. Ive heard that theres a cable on the inside, and replacing that should fix it. how do you suggest i go about that.

Thanks alot

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull the tailgate trim off, and you will see a great view of the latching mechanism. as well as the rear wiper motor, im on my 3rd one now lol

Last edited:

Aztimer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello, ive owned my jeep liberty for about 2 days now and am working on the tailgate now.

first problem: glass tailgate wont stay up, going to replace the struts, but do i have to use the same brand and model it came with (Stabulis 44831-A) or can i use any. if so, any suggestions on one that would work.

second problem (and main problem): the glass tailgate will not close, and latch. Ive been driving with a bungie cord or else it will bounce up. Ive heard that theres a cable on the inside, and replacing that should fix it. how do you suggest i go about that.

Thanks alot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro