Hi from NM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neezereb

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Ebeneezer but most just call me Eb. I have an '03 that I have had since '12. I bought it as 3rd owner with 68k on the odometer. It was clean, dry, and all the maintenance documented. It's been a great vehicle in general but recently I have wanted to either make it more functional off road or move to something else and do the same.

Honestly I think the jeep just wants to be unleashed. She has 140k on her now and digests a bit of her oil these days but she he's fair compression and will still light em up if I want!

Anywho, I've been daydreaming of putting a jba 6" lift on her, I just can't justify the cost of that 2.5 more inches though. Especially since it doesn't really apply to ground clearance. I'm thinking either tommudd econo, rockfather, or maybe do some piecemeal. Perhaps custom with some fabbed a arms... I haven't made my mind just yet, other than committing to my jeep to be my project/toy. I have engineering and fabrication chops, and am currently a geometry teacher just to put an idea of where I stand for skills. I have done all my own mechanics since I was 16 on everything from domestic to Asian and European. That being said the Libby is the most fun I've ever had working on a vehicle as well, it's just well designed and made for the most part.

I have replaced the entire cooling system, ignition components, most of the sensors, window regulators, etc. I stay up on it though, nothing is in disrepair. Ahem.... except for my front bumper got cracked when four wheeling where I shouldn't have with street tires on. Long story but partly why I want to make it capable, I miss being able to to have fun in the hills! This vehicle has never been made to be, I put street tires on it for commuting for crying out loud. I used to have a cj 5 with a 304 in it, pretty well built 6" lift and 32/12.50 bf at on 15" steel bead locked, rear locker, .451 gears, 4 speed ford manual ******, stainless steel bumpers. She was sweet, I blew the motor then lost it in divorce.

So ya, second jeep. I love the lib though, if it could be as capable but with its great refinements compared to the raw workhorse cj. Driving that beast was work, I'm older and more inclined to enjoy the ride.

Holy cow, sorry for the essay. Good to meet y'all! Tommudd I look forward to visiting with you sir! Your imprint on the web led me here and I'm excited to look around and be a part of the community.

Cheers!
-Eb

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Ebeneezer but most just call me Eb. I have an '03 that I have had since '12. I bought it as 3rd owner with 68k on the odometer. It was clean, dry, and all the maintenance documented. It's been a great vehicle in general but recently I have wanted to either make it more functional off road or move to something else and do the same.

Honestly I think the jeep just wants to be unleashed. She has 140k on her now and digests a bit of her oil these days but she he's fair compression and will still light em up if I want!

Anywho, I've been daydreaming of putting a jba 6" lift on her, I just can't justify the cost of that 2.5 more inches though. Especially since it doesn't really apply to ground clearance. I'm thinking either tommudd econo, rockfather, or maybe do some piecemeal. Perhaps custom with some fabbed a arms... I haven't made my mind just yet, other than committing to my jeep to be my project/toy. I have engineering and fabrication chops, and am currently a geometry teacher just to put an idea of where I stand for skills. I have done all my own mechanics since I was 16 on everything from domestic to Asian and European. That being said the Libby is the most fun I've ever had working on a vehicle as well, it's just well designed and made for the most part.

I have replaced the entire cooling system, ignition components, most of the sensors, window regulators, etc. I stay up on it though, nothing is in disrepair. Ahem.... except for my front bumper got cracked when four wheeling where I shouldn't have with street tires on. Long story but partly why I want to make it capable, I miss being able to to have fun in the hills! This vehicle has never been made to be, I put street tires on it for commuting for crying out loud. I used to have a cj 5 with a 304 in it, pretty well built 6" lift and 32/12.50 bf at on 15" steel bead locked, rear locker, .451 gears, 4 speed ford manual ******, stainless steel bumpers. She was sweet, I blew the motor then lost it in divorce.

So ya, second jeep. I love the lib though, if it could be as capable but with its great refinements compared to the raw workhorse cj. Driving that beast was work, I'm older and more inclined to enjoy the ride.

Holy cow, sorry for the essay. Good to meet y'all! Tommudd I look forward to visiting with you sir! Your imprint on the web led me here and I'm excited to look around and be a part of the community.

Cheers!
-Eb

Welcome from me , myself and I, great to have you aboard Eb !
If you want some more " freindly advice " on lifting I'll share some with ya!
and please no RRO ( rockfather )
I used to have a CJ with the 304, man what good times , well except that one time when it started raining over 100 miles from home and no top but still fun!

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Love when people with fab skills join. Always interesting to see what new people come up with.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and there is a lot of knowledgeable people and good info here.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online